Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bump Box Using SSR

Quote Originally Posted by BAD BOB View Post
    I did the single relay way and love it. You can set it up soft enough to wear the car creeps into the stage beam so gently, it's like you are idling in. You can also do it to where you tap the bump button and it jumps forward. Pretty easy to wire also.
    All of this also depends on your transmission and which transbrake solenoid you use.
    The normal transbrake solenoids tend to not react as smooth or as well to trying to "creep" it in.
    The "pro" or higher end transbrake solenoids tend to respond much better.

Every setup is different...settings that work on one car, don't necessarily work on another car.
    Different transmissions, different parts, different converter, different amounts of power all change how it reacts.

The settings you see in the post above, may or may not work the way you want it to (or even at all) on your car.
    -Scott
    Don't forget to check out progress on my Race Car:
    Project Blasphemy - 8.07 @ 171
    Low 8 Second Street Car

Quote Originally Posted by jarrah View Post
    Does it matter if I use PWM+ or PWM− (since I have the 8 input/output)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    If you're referring to the Holley 554-111 solid state relay, it must be PWM− triggered.
    If a PWM+ triggered solid state relay exists, you can use it.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    If a PWM+ triggered solid state relay exists, you can use it.
    You can buy a 4-pole SPST solid state relay on just about any electronics parts site. Mouser, Digi-Key, etc.
    -Scott
    Low 8 Second Street Car

Quote Originally Posted by S2H View Post
    You can buy a 4-pole SPST solid state relay on just about any electronics parts site. Mouser, Digi-Key, etc.
    I thought so, that's why I mentioned it. (I just wasn't about to investigate it for him.)
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Thank you guys for spending the time to answer. I really appreciate the help. I found a SSR with 4 poles that's OK for the PWM+.

I'm having some trouble understanding where to configure to bump input. I set the output for the transbrake solenoid relay (554-111) as a PWM. Transbrake input is set as a negative input, and is set as the input trigger for the transbrake output, but it will not give me the option in the pull down to add the bump button as an input when selecting inputs for the transbrake output?

Quote Originally Posted by igotaneed4speed View Post
    I'm having some trouble understanding where to configure to bump input. I set the output for the transbrake solenoid relay (554-111) as a PWM. Transbrake input is set as a negative input, and is set as the input trigger for the transbrake output, but it will not give me the option in the pull down to add the bump button as an input when selecting inputs for the transbrake output?
    I'm assuming you are talking about the one relay version.
    You wire an input for the transbrake as a ground or a +12V, it really doesn't matter which version.
    Then you wire an input for the bump button as a 20V input and send +12V to it to activate it.

You setup an output as a PWM- to be triggered by the transbrake button, but in the PWM Table you use the bump button & voltage as the axis.
    When you press the transbrake button, the output activates, and then responds by the values you put in the PWM Table.
    So the bump button is off and you get 0 volts, but when the bump button is on, you get 12 volts.
    -Scott
    Low 8 Second Street Car

Quote Originally Posted by S2H View Post
    I'm assuming you are talking about the one relay version.
    You wire an input for the transbrake as a ground or a +12V, it really doesn't matter which version.
    Then you wire an input for the bump button as a 20V input and send +12V to it to activate it.

You setup an output as a PWM- to be triggered by the transbrake button, but in the PWM Table you use the bump button & voltage as the axis.
    When you press the transbrake button, the output activates, and then responds by the values you put in the PWM Table.
    So the bump button is off and you get 0 volts, but when the bump button is on, you get 12 volts.
    Thank you! That's the part I didn't understand. Y axis is set as bump in, put on PWM table now. Got it! Thanks again!

Can you use & install this setup on a Holley HP, or is it only Dominator EFI? Thanks.

Yes, this can be used with the Holley HP & Dominator ECUs.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast