Thread: C950 Purchased In 2002

Default C950 Purchased In 2002

This is a little jumbled, started last year when I tried to take my truck for a drive.

I purchased this 900 cfm TBI in 2002, had it upgraded to the Race Version so I could run a TechEdge WBO2. That Controller has given up heating the WBO2 in the exhaust. I can get it to heat up in the garage on the bench but not in the exhaust. Even bought a new sensor.

1st thing I did was hook up my old laptop, which I had to download the software. The software didn't look right after I loaded the ECU data, after I uploaded the data that I had just retrieved from the ECU, I did some searching.

V3 software doesn't work with V2 firmware. Great now my ECU data is useless.

I find my old discs and get the C950 Race software installed. My O2 table is no longer what it used to be, voltages are way off.

So I bought the Holley Wideband V3, which the cable to too short, so I had to order the 4' extension cable, I'm waiting.

Now I have this 15 year old system, and 15 year old laptop.

The only manual I can find is for the V3 software & closed loop info, doesn't jive with V2 software screen.

Can I upgrade from V2.5 firmware to a V3? Without having to send my ECU to Holley again?

Can I buy a new ECU, say Terminator, Avenger, and replace this 15 year old tech, that will tune itself, doesn't need a 15 year old computer /laptop with a serial port? Keep me from pulling out any more hair, or wanting a few more $100s to upgrade something that I've done upgraded.

Don't really want to invest $1,000s in a new system for a vehicle that has rusted out floorboards.

Quote Originally Posted by WmMcNett View Post
    Can I upgrade from V2.5 firmware to a V3? Without having to send my ECU to Holley again?
    No, all Commander 950 firmware upgrades must be performed at the Holley facility.

Can I buy a new ECU, say Terminator, Avenger, and replace this 15 year old tech, that will tune itself, doesn't need a 15 year old computer /laptop with a serial port?
    Holley has an HP EFI ECU & Harness Kit for C950 TBI systems (Link), but it's further expense and still requires a laptop/USB cable to setup.

Don't really want to invest $1,000s in a new system for a vehicle that has rusted out floorboards.
    I don't know what to tell you...the Commander 950 requires a lot of knowledge & tuning. It's not for the novice user.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

OK, so looking at what I have, this paper says I have purchased the upgrade. I'll be dropping it in the mail shortly.

Is there a simple way to compare maps/data? I'm searching through my old laptop and a few old hard drives, trying to find the last ECU data I saved, so that I will at least have something to start with. I found my chassis dyno tune from 2002. Looks like my last save was in 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by WmMcNett View Post
    Is there a simple way to compare maps/data?
    Open two Commander 950 EFI software windows, and select (Open Data From Disk) the engine files you want to view/compare.

If you click "Open Only Fuel Data From Disk"; this allows you to select and incorporate any Fuel Map to your existing engine file.
    If you click "Open Only Spark Data From Disk"; this allows you to select and incorporate any Spark Map to your existing engine file.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.