Thread: 1967 Cougar LSx Conversion

Default 1967 Cougar LSx Conversion

I'm working on a 1967 Cougar that will be mostly street driven, and see the drag strip on occasion. The car was a mild custom built in the early 1970s, and the plan is to maintain as much of that old flavor as possible, while bringing the drivetrain into the 21st century. A full build thread can be read here:
    http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/1...7-Cougar-build

The engine is a 2009 LH8 (aluminum block 5.3L with 799 heads), basically stock, with the exception of a GM ASA cam, upgraded valve springs, Holley Hi-Ram, Dominator ECU, and dual DBW throttle bodies. The combination is intended to look like a dual quad tunnel ram, but use the latest EFI technology. The transmission is a F-body T56.

Hoping to be down the road sometime in June. Here's a recent start-up video:

Andrew
    Last edited by andrewb70; 05-06-2015 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
    The engine is a 2008 LH8 (aluminum block 5.3L with 799 heads), basically stock, with the exception of a GM ASA cam, upgraded valve springs, Holley Hi-Ram, Dominator ECU, and dual DBW throttle bodies. The combination is intended to look like a dual quad tunnel ram, but use the latest EFI technology. The transmission is a F-body T56.
    I like the look of dual Drive-By-Wire throttle bodies. I agree, it looks like a dual quad tunnel ram induction setup, but with modern technology.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    I like the look of dual Drive-By-Wire throttle bodies. I agree, it looks like a dual quad tunnel ram induction setup, but with modern technology.
    Thanks Danny, and thank you for being such a great help. Sometimes it takes me a few times to understand what the heck I need to do with the simplest of things, like a damn VSS sensor! LOL. Your patience is appreciated.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
    ...and dual DBW throttle bodies. The combination is intended to look like a dual quad tunnel ram, but use the latest EFI technology.
    Andrew, which Drive-By-Wire throttle bodies are those? Also, did you use an adapter (something like THIS) to mount them? Is that a 4150 bolt pattern tunnel ram top, or was it a blank top?

Thanks Danny, and thank you for being such a great help. Your patience is appreciated.
    You're welcome.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    Andrew, which Drive-By-Wire throttle bodies are those? Also, did you use an adapter (something like THIS) to mount them? Is that a 4150 bolt pattern tunnel ram top, or was it a blank top?
    Danny, the throttle bodies are the ones that came stock on my LH8. I just purchased another one from Amazon. ACDelco PN 2173151. It's a very common TB that was used on a huge list of applications.

The Hi-Ram top started as a blank piece, and was machined for the 4 bolt TB pattern. The spacers underneath are Holley PN 300-221.
    I used those to raise the throttle bodies up a little, so that the motors would clear the flat Hi-Ram top. Andrew

Thanks for the information, it all makes sense now.

Got exhaust on the car:

Andrew

Got some love (and hate) on BangShift.com:
    http://bangshift.com/general-news/ca...lot-of-people/

Also got on the chassis dyno at LS Fest. Made 325 RWHP:

Andrew