Thread: WBO2 Sensor Spacer

Default WBO2 Sensor Spacer

Has anyone used one of these:
    http://www.42draftdesigns.com/O2-Sen...cer_p_306.html

Will I still get a decent O2 sampling with it? Or should I use the Innovate heat spacer I have, then screw the 42DD spacer into the Innovate spacer? The angle it puts the sensor on gives me more room.

Quote Originally Posted by 81 TransAm View Post
    I've never used that. I'm curious to know if anyone else has.

Or should I use the Innovate heat spacer I have, then screw the 42DD spacer into the Innovate spacer?
    I personally, would not combine WBO2 sensor bungs/spacers.

The angle it puts the sensor on gives me more room.
    I prefer to install (weld) the WBO2 sensor bung where it belongs/fits.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Update: Did a little testing today. Compared the WBO2 signal with and without the 42DD spacer.
    I say it failed. The WBO2 signal with the 42DD bung was reading richer, and didn't have the response it did without it.
    My AE needs a little tweaking, I get a lean spike when you touch the throttle.
    This made for a good test. The 42DD space was not picking up the lean spike.
    I didn't have the space to test it with the Innovate spacer and the 42DD spacer together.
    It may have given better results with the Innovate spacer and the 42DD, because the
    Innovate spacer directs some exhaust flow up into the cavity the WDO2 sensor is mounted in.
    If any one is interested here are a couple datalogs. Very easy to see the difference.
    Attached Files Attached Files

It may have given better results with the Innovate spacer and the 42DD, because the
    Innovate spacer directs some exhaust flow up into the cavity the WDO2 sensor is mounted in.
    I was going to mention this in my last post. I have two Innovate Motorsports HBX-1s (dual NTK WBO2 sensors), and I think they work very well because of their exhaust gas flow path. I don't see that in the other model spacer you linked.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

You are right. The 42DD spacer is just open to the exhaust. Nothing to direct the exhaust flow up to the sensor.

My AE needs a little tweaking, I get a lean spike when you touch the throttle.
    You probably already know this, but I thought I should mention it anyway.
    If you have a momentary lean spike, on light throttle acceleration, check
    your AE vs TPS/MAP RoC Blanking values (in Fuel Modifiers/Fuel Control):
    If they're 15 & 7, those are the old values from the V1 firmware.
    Change the AE vs TPS RoC Blanking value to 4-6.
    Change the AE vs MAP RoC Blanking value to 5-7.
    Some users reported the need for an even lower TPS RoC Blanking value.

Danny, good call on the RoC Blanking. I had changed them in my old TB setup. But I started with a new file when I switched over to MPFI and forgot to change them.

Update on the 42DD WBO2 sensor spacer:
    I had some time today. So I went and got some 1/2 inch mild steel rod. The same size as the opening at the bottom of the spacer. I cut a short length and drilled passages in it the same as the Innovate spacer. I then slide it in the bottom of the 42DD spacer and put a couple tack welds on it to hold it in place. Now it feeds the inside chamber where the WBO2 sensor sits. It now reads the WBO2 signal just like the Innovate spacer. Here is a log. Much better than it was.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for the update. Your testing results are interesting.