Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SBC only wants to start with starter fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by Alxrez View Post
    Do you think if it was clogged, it would keep the car from idling?
    I believe that's the power valve protection unit.
    It should still start up if it's plugged.

Edit: The internet sucks.
    It does not know what that part is for.
    I've got 8 Edelbrocks, and 3 Rochester's. But no Holley's in front of me to see what passage it goes too.
    Last edited by BITE_ME; 03-15-2015 at 07:03 PM.

Someone has had this carb apart. Look at the mismatch screws on the base plate. Is it even the correct base plate?
    I would totally disassemble it to see what is wrong.
    We can make all the guess's we want. But if you want to know, take it apart.

So I was going over this and looking at the vacuum lines, and started wondering if I had it correct.
    I'm running a line from the "full vacuum manifold" port to a vacuum tee that's on the manifold. Is this right would this cause it not to idle?

Quote Originally Posted by Alxrez View Post
    I'm running a line from the "full vacuum manifold" port to a vacuum tee that's on the manifold. Is this right would this cause it not to idle?
    You don't put a vacuum source to another vacuum source.
    Or putting it another way: You don't put two "suckers" together. One "sucker" could be stronger than the other.

Are you sure your using the right spark plugs?
    What's the make & model of the cylinder heads and spark plugs?

Cam timing off, distributor timing off, or both. You get accel pump fuel, so carb is filling. Check to know for sure you base gasket seals on the manifold and the carburetor, both together. Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12