Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holley Stealth Ram Version 1

Danny,
    Thanks for all your feedback, the Holley Stealth Ram I purchased was an early version. I had it at home for three years before I fitted it.
    After talking to tech, they couldn't find my user number at first, then we started a series of back & forth talk about my electrical system; was it in good order, does it run through the starter motor before under the dash (this is a no no).
    Mine didn't, eventually they agreed to send me a discounted ECU kit, when it arrived. I opened the box, and there are red sheet warnings on not letting the ECU come in to contact with any metal body parts, for fear of earthing. The mounting lugs had plastic sleeves and supplied mounting bolts. My ECU had no warnings, no plastic sleeves and larger gauge mounting bolts. Obviously earthing has been an issue early on with these units. I'm up and running now.
    Also, I had a handheld which couldn't be read outside of a dark room. This is also an issue, and your supplier should replace free of charge.
    Once again I apologize for taking so long to get back to you. I see others have looked at my issue and I hope this gives some enlightenment.

Quote Originally Posted by kimbo View Post
    Also, I had a handheld which couldn't be read outside of a dark room. This is also an issue, and your supplier should replace free of charge.
    If your early style (Link) Terminator handheld controller is giving you problems, purchase the new style (Link) instead. It's not too expensive, and it's much better!
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

It's been awhile since my last post. After talking with Holley Tech and a new ECU, my Avenger Stealth Ram is running. But myself and a friend who I talked into buying the same system, are having starting issues. Originally when first up & running the EFI would idle at 1000 RPM and take in a lot of air until warm. Now it won't stay running. I have opened up the butterflies a bit and this helps, but you cannot touch the throttle as the engine cuts out if not warmed up enough. I'm unable to set the IAC at the desired reading with the throttle plate opened. Have checked the advanced calibrations on the handheld, and it reads on startup it will idle at 1000 RPM. A bit strange that two systems are experiencing the same issue. The Avenger Stealth Ram #550-220 is an early series, but relatively new in Australia for us.

Quote Originally Posted by kimbo View Post
    But myself and a friend who I talked into buying the same system, are having starting issues.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....6254#post36254 (Good Starting Advice Thread - Read posts #2, #4 & #6 in this forum thread.)
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ents-Read-This! (Initial Checks & Adjustments - Ensure all of this is right.)

Originally when first up & running the EFI would idle at 1000 RPM and take in a lot of air until warm. Now it won't stay running.
    Did you perform a TPS Autoset when readjusting the throttle blades?

I have opened up the butterflies a bit and this helps, but you cannot touch the throttle as the engine cuts out if not warmed up enough.
    This is an indication that the Coolant Temperature Enrichment % table is out of tune (Modifiers screen - Fuel ICF).
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....6649#post66649 (Coolant Temperature Enrichment % Table Tuning)
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....7913#post67913 (Air Temperature Enrichment % Table Tuning)

I'm unable to set the IAC at the desired reading with the throttle plate opened.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....neral-IAC-Info (Read "IAC NOTES")

Have checked the advanced calibrations on the handheld, and it reads on startup it will idle at 1000 RPM.
    That's the current Target Idle Speed RPM setting (Idle ICF).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12