Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holley Stealth Ram Version 1

Lightbulb Holley Stealth Ram Version 1

I've just installed my new Stealth Ram MPFI. It ran for about five minutes and stalled, it wouldn't start again. Now the fuel pump won't prime on ignition, and the injectors are not pulsing.
    Checking with the handheld on files, I get a message empty. Also, every time I set the TPS, I get a successful message, go back to monitor, reads 0 as expected. Turn the ignition off and back on, and get a reading for TPS Cal, this comes up every time, I switch ignition. All electrics have been checked, and have solid earths.

I'm in Australia and there aren't too many with this system who can offer any help. When it ran, I managed a run up the street and back and was impressed, I need help.

Quote Originally Posted by kimbo View Post
    Holley Stealth Ram Version 1
    Which EFI system do you have? Which EFI software/ECU firmware version is it?

Software & Firmware Versions:
    Software: click "Help" tab (top toolbar) & "About Holley EFI".
    Firmware: click "Sync With ECU" & "Get ECU Info" (Key-on/USB connected).
    The latest software & firmware can be downloaded here:
    https://www.holley.com/support/resou...Fuel_Injection (Holley EFI Technical Library)
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...r10546rev1.pdf (HP & Dominator Quick Start Guide)
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...rmwarerev1.pdf (How To Update ECU Firmware)
    Before updating firmware, ensure the current Global Folder is saved somewhere, since it will be erased from the ECU.

Latest V3 EFI Software & ECU Firmware:
    The latest V3 software can be downloaded HERE.
    Read the 199R10728 PDF document for a V3 Software Update Overview.
    Be sure to successfully install the new V3 software, before installing the ECU firmware.
    Ensure the Holley EFI software is not open and the ECU is not powered on/connected when installing the new software.

EFI Software Help Information/Instructions:
    ‒ On the top Toolbar, click "Help" & "Contents". This opens all Help topics.
    ‒ When navigating the software, click "Help ?", drag it to any parameter and click again.
    ..This automatically opens the definitions for that specific parameter.
    ‒ Tuning information can be read by clicking the F1 key, when you're viewing any screen.
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...10555rev17.pdf (Holley EFI Wiring Manual)

It ran for about five minutes and stalled, it wouldn't start again. Now the fuel pump won't prime on ignition, and the injectors are not pulsing.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....5760#post45760 (Scroll down to "Typical No-Start Checks".)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Holley Stealth Ram MPFI 550-822, version 1, GM small cap HEI, and handheld controller only.

Holley Stealth Ram MPFI 550-822, version 1, GM small cap HEI, and handheld controller only.
    What does "version 1" mean? I asked for your software & firmware versions.
    http://documents.holley.com/199r10505rev.pdf (Avenger EFI Handheld Instructions - Section 17, Page 9)

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

I bought my system second hand, and struggled understanding what Danny meant when he was asking for the software & firmware versions. I can assure you that it is important to know this information up front, so he can point you in the right direction. The firmware version, I believe you can get from your handheld. If you are only using the handheld and not a laptop, let him know as well.
    Last edited by riche; 03-11-2015 at 09:52 AM.
    Richard
    1969 C-10 SWB Step
    355 Small Block
    Stealth Ram, Holley HP EFI
    700R4 Trans, 2500 stall & 3.73 gears

Quote Originally Posted by riche View Post
    The firmware version, I believe you can get from your handheld.
    Yes, I provided the link & page number in post #4.

Thanks Danny, I'll have a look in the handheld and reply tomorrow re firmware. I've got more issues than I thought. Every time I load the basics, I'm told to cycle off to initialize and then turn ignition back on to do a TPS AutoSet. Every time I turn ignition off, I lose the data, TPS goes back to Cal, and all the sensors read N/A and file reads empty as does log.
    The computer has the main power direct to the battery. I just don't understand why I can't save the initial calibration, power & earth checks show adequate volts (12.2).
    Speaking to Holley, I also have one of the bad Handhelds, which they are replacing. So dark I can hardly read it, but I'm working through that, just can't go out in the daylight to use it.

Every time I load the basics, I'm told to cycle off to initialize and then turn ignition back on to do a TPS AutoSet. Every time I turn ignition off, I lose the data, TPS goes back to Cal, and all the sensors read N/A and file reads empty as does log.
    I'm not familiar with that handheld controller, but you do have to cycle the ignition switch off-on, for the changes to save/load into the ECU. The TPS AutoSet is usually performed after the base calibration is uploaded.

Danny, the firmware number I'm reading is 00000291 and the Handheld is version 20? Avenger type.

Danny, the firmware number I'm reading is 00000291 and the Handheld is version 20? Avenger type.
    I think your ECU needs to be updated. Call Holley Tech about this. Some very old software/firmware versions require a special update.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast