X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FPSeth
    • Jun 2014

Crimp On Fittings

Hello. We have an Aeroquip crimping tool, and we're wondering if Earl's crimp on fittings will work with the dies we have?
  • 440roadrunner
    • Oct 2012

The word "Aeroquip", just like "General Motors", covers one heck of a lot of ground. Unless you can take the dies/specs of the tool you have and specifically justify it to whatever Earls sells, I'm gonna say "no."

Comment

• Danny Cabral
      Administrator
      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by FPSeth View Post
      We have an Aeroquip crimping tool, and we're wondering if Earl's crimp on fittings will work with the dies we have?
      You'll have to call Earl's Performance Plumbing, but I agree with 440roadrunner, the answer is probably "no".
      May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
      '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385"/6.3L SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, Eagle 3.470" forged steel crankshaft & H-beam rods, Wiseco 4.200" forged pistons, Trick Flow Twisted Wedge 11R 205 CNC Comp Ported heads, 12:1 compression ratio, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA H/R camshaft, Trick Flow R-Series FTI Comp Ported intake, BBK 80mm throttle body, Holley Dominator MPFI & DIS, Holley 36-1 crank trigger, MSD 1x cam sync, PA PMGR starter, PA 200A 3G alternator, Optima 34/78 Red battery, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, R134a A/C, Spal Dual 12" HP 3168 CFM fans, Frostbite 3-core aluminum radiator, Pypes SS dual 2.5" exhaust, SS off-road X-pipe, SS shorty headers, OEM smog pump converted vacuum pump, Earl's -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH in-tank pump & Pro-M -6AN hanger, S&W subframe connectors, BMR upper & lower torque box reinforcements, highly modified Ford 4R70W transmission, FTI 9.5"/3000 stall/triple disc TCC, B&M Hammer shifter, Stifflers trans crossmember & driveshaft safety loop, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.73 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Comment

• FPSeth
        • Jun 2014

Originally posted by 440roadrunner View Post
        The word "Aeroquip", just like "General Motors", covers one heck of a lot of ground. Unless you can take the dies/specs of the tool you have and specifically justify it to whatever Earls sells, I'm gonna say "no."
        Aeroquip is Aeroquip. The company owned by Eaton.
        Since when is Aeroquip a universal term like Kleenex?
        Are there fittings out there that are re branded?

Comment

• 440roadrunner
          • Oct 2012

Do not turn this into an argument. You know full well what the point is. "Just like Kleenex" Aeroquip makes ALL KINDS of different hoses & fittings. So does everybody else. In a previous life, part of my job was making hoses. I've literally sold hundreds, if not thousands of (mostly hydraulic) hoses. Our main line back then was Weatherhead, but we carried some Aeroquip stuff because the local loggers had it on their trucks. These were a specific type of hoses & fittings and are certainly NOT universal.

Some product lines/types in some brands have a crossover into other brands. This is not always the case. When you get into this stuff of liability, EFI pressure level, fuel, brakes, and NHRA (and other) approval, my advice is "follow manufacturer's specifications" to the letter.

Comment

Working...
          X