Thread: Crimp On Fittings

Default Crimp On Fittings

Hello. We have an Aeroquip crimping tool, and we're wondering if Earl's crimp on fittings will work with the dies we have?

The word "Aeroquip", just like "General Motors", covers one heck of a lot of ground. Unless you can take the dies/specs of the tool you have and specifically justify it to whatever Earls sells, I'm gonna say "no."

Quote Originally Posted by FPSeth View Post
    We have an Aeroquip crimping tool, and we're wondering if Earl's crimp on fittings will work with the dies we have?
    You'll have to call Earl's Performance Plumbing, but I agree with 440roadrunner, the answer is probably "no".
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Quote Originally Posted by 440roadrunner View Post
    The word "Aeroquip", just like "General Motors", covers one heck of a lot of ground. Unless you can take the dies/specs of the tool you have and specifically justify it to whatever Earls sells, I'm gonna say "no."
    Aeroquip is Aeroquip. The company owned by Eaton.
    Since when is Aeroquip a universal term like Kleenex?
    Are there fittings out there that are re branded?

Do not turn this into an argument. You know full well what the point is. "Just like Kleenex" Aeroquip makes ALL KINDS of different hoses & fittings. So does everybody else. In a previous life, part of my job was making hoses. I've literally sold hundreds, if not thousands of (mostly hydraulic) hoses. Our main line back then was Weatherhead, but we carried some Aeroquip stuff because the local loggers had it on their trucks. These were a specific type of hoses & fittings and are certainly NOT universal.

Some product lines/types in some brands have a crossover into other brands. This is not always the case. When you get into this stuff of liability, EFI pressure level, fuel, brakes, and NHRA (and other) approval, my advice is "follow manufacturer's specifications" to the letter.