Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Off Idle Hesitation

I did not mess with the Fuel Table yet. Attached is a screenshot of the log of the rev rich & lean spike, as well as a startup. When I recorded the startup log, the engine fired up quickly, so it may not be of much use. But you might be able to see why I'm having problems on most occasions with hot starts. Please let me know if you need these in a different format. I have access to all files and the software this afternoon.

Rev

Rev Overlay

Startup

Startup Overlay
    Last edited by 66FSTBK; 12-22-2014 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 66FSTBK View Post
    Attached is a screenshot of the log of the rev rich & lean spike...
    If the Decel Fuel Cutoff is enabled (Fuel ICF, Fuel Modifiers, Fuel Control), that's probably why it spikes lean on deceleration & 0% TPS.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    If the Decel Fuel Cutoff is enabled (Fuel ICF, Fuel Modifiers, Fuel Control), that's probably why it spikes lean on deceleration & 0% TPS.
    It is not enabled.

Last edited by 66FSTBK; 12-22-2014 at 04:10 PM.

It is not enabled.
    Then the Base Fuel Table needs to be enriched in that deceleration area.

Has the fuel pressure been properly adjusted and "Actual System Pressure" (Terminator - "Fuel Pres") accurately entered in Engine Parameters?
    With TBI, the Actual System Pressure is measured anytime engine is running (no vacuum reference hose), or key-on/engine-off pump running.
    With MPFI, the Actual System Pressure is measured with the vacuum reference hose temporarily disconnected, or key-on/engine-off pump running.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Then the Base Fuel Table needs to be enriched in that deceleration area.

Has the fuel pressure been properly adjusted and "Actual System Pressure" (Terminator - "Fuel Pres") accurately entered in Engine Parameters?
    With TBI, the Actual System Pressure is measured anytime engine is running (no vacuum reference hose), or key-on/engine-off pump running.
    With MPFI, the Actual System Pressure is measured with the vacuum reference hose temporarily disconnected, or key-on/engine-off pump running.
    Fuel Pressure is spot on.

I have the log pulled up on one screen and the overlay on the Base Fuel Table on the other screen. I zoomed in on the log at the lean spike. The overlay has narrowed down on the Base Fuel Table. As I scroll over the log and click on certain portions of the lean spike in yellow, the Base Fuel Table is highlighted with a yellow circle. Are these the areas that I need to modify, and do I modify the lb/hr just along the overlay line or within "enclosure" of the line? Also, do I leave "Enable Closed Loop" enabled, but disable "Base Fuel Learn Enabled"?

This is what I am looking at:

Last edited by 66FSTBK; 12-22-2014 at 06:14 PM.

Are these the areas that I need to modify, and do I modify the lb/hr just along the overlay line or within "enclosure" of the line?
    Modify the actual cells that require changes, then enter the Fuel Graph, and blend in the surrounding area so it's all smooth.

Also, do I leave "Enable Closed Loop" enabled, but disable "Base Fuel Learn Enabled"?
    Yes, if manually tuning the Base Fuel Table. Tune the Base Fuel Table, so the engine runs good, then enable Learning (with decreased Learned Compensation Limits %).

Am I following the yellow AFR line and modifying those corresponding cells along the overlay line?
    I will richen up the lean area and lean out the rich areas. What % intervals should I make changes?
    How do you blend the Fuel Graph? Just hit the "smooth" option?

Am I following the yellow AFR line and modifying those corresponding cells along the overlay line?
    Yes.

I will richen up the lean area and lean out the rich areas. What % intervals should I make changes?
    The Closed Loop Compensation is the % factor.

How do you blend the Fuel Graph? Just hit the "smooth" option?
    No. Manually adjust the Fuel Graph. One aspect of viewing the Fuel Graph: It's better to zoom in, by highlighting segments of the Base Fuel Table, and click "Graph". This method offers much greater detail. Looking at the entire "Fuel Graph" will almost always look smooth, because it's not as magnified. TIP: When the Fuel Graph is smooth, click "Conversion" (VE% Conversion mode) and continue smoothing the general contour of the VE Fuel Graph.

EFI Software Help Information/Instructions:
    ‒ On the top Toolbar, click "Help" & "Contents". This opens all Help topics.
    ‒ When navigating the software, click "Help ?", drag it to any parameter and click again.
    ..This automatically opens the definitions for that specific parameter.
    ‒ Tuning information can be read by clicking the F1 key, when you're viewing any screen.

Editing: To edit the graph, click on an area. The following keys are used to raise or lower a value.

Ctrl ↑ - Increases the number 1%
    Ctrl → - Increases the number 5%
    Ctrl ↓ - Decreases the number 1%
    Ctrl ← - Decreases the number 5%

Looking at the entire 31x31 graph does not allow you to clearly see areas that have to be smoothed, particularly in the idle areas. You can zoom into a smaller portion and view this area in a graphical manner. To do so, go the Base Fuel table (the numerical table), select a block of cells with the mouse cursor, then select “View Graph” at the top of the screen. The graph should always be “smooth”. It should never have a decrease in value at a higher RPM or load point.

The Closed Loop Compensation is the % factor.
    Where do I find this? Is this the change made on the Learn Table? If so, I already merged Learning & base. I can start over.
    EDIT: We might be talking about something different. I see the Closed Loop Compensation % under Closed Loop Parameters,
    but I'm not sure that this was what I was referring to. In what % increments should I lean and richen these areas of the Fuel Table?
    Last edited by 66FSTBK; 12-22-2014 at 11:01 PM.

Where do I find this?
    The Closed Loop Compensation % factor is found in the Data Monitor & Datalogger; it's the "CL Comp" channel. That's the amount to adjust.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast