Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: HP ECU Upgrade

Incidentally, the V3 ECU firmware (soon to be released) is supposed to have some good IAC function revisions. So ask Holley Tech Service (Link) about it when you call.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....5421#post55421 (Additional Information)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I'll ask about the V3 firmware. Thank you for the heads up.
    Does anyone know the height of this throttle body 112-588.
    It looks taller than the billet one and is less money.
    But I could run into hood clearance issues if it's too tall.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	112-588.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	994

Quote Originally Posted by 81 TransAm View Post
    Does anyone know the height of this throttle body 112-588.
    It looks taller than the billet one and is less money.
    That appears to be the same Terminator throttle body, without the fuel injectors & MAP sensor, but with additional rear vacuum ports.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....4080#post54080 (Various Throttle Body Dimensions)
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

UPDATE: I called Holley tech support. I used their call back system since wait times were around 40 min. It worked great, got a call back.
    After explaining my issues with the IAC and confirming my IAC wiring position in the IAC plug, he suggested I change my IAC Advanced Idle Control from Slow to GM LSX.
    Now it works as it should. If the engine is idling with the IAC closed, and I up my target idle rpm, it will open the IAC and keep the idle up. The IAC counts go up on the laptop and you can feel the air movement through the IAC when it opens up. Now we just have to wait for spring.

That's very interesting. Does it only work properly on the "GM LSx" setting? "Slow" didn't work properly, but I wonder if "Medium" or "Fast" would. Thanks for the update.

I only tried the Slow setting. Didn't try any others. Thanks for all your input.

Quote Originally Posted by 81 TransAm View Post
    I only tried the Slow setting. Didn't try any others.
    I realize that. If you ever do, please update this thread.

Thanks for all your input.
    You're welcome.

Next time I'm playing with it, I will try the Medium & Fast settings.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345