Thread: Hooker 2055 New (problems, please help)

Theking Guest

Default Hooker 2055 New (problems, please help)

Hi!

I bought a set of Hooker 2055 Coated headers in january 2011 (this year) from Summit Racing and I live in sweden so it was sent thru boat via JetCarrier.com (Boat left 1st February) and arrived 2 weeks ago to Norway and my stuff was sent thru to me, I picked em up today and opened up the package, the headers looks really good exept that the driver side headers have large dents (casting dents) that blocks the flow inside the headers, I have taken 2 pictures to show the problem, The passenger side header is round and fine thats why I think the driver side header is badly made.. Please help me sort this out, I need them mounted asap and I want good working ones, feels like it shouldnt look like this for that price.

Am I right?

The pictures are located here :

Inside:

Outside:

And these "dents" are on all 4 cylinders on the DRIVERside
    The Passengerside header is round and nice as said, And the shipping package was in good condition and the headers where wrapped good, so these are from the factory, what should we do about it? I feel really sad about this problem and dont know where to turn,

PLease help me restore faith in Hooker Headers..

Best Regards,
    Dan Norberg

At first glance, it looks like those "dents" are for box wrench fitment...but you say they're not on all the pipes. You could heat the dents and pry them out with a pry bar & short spacer.

My primary concern would be the bracket protrusion through the top of the ports because that's where most of the exhaust flow is. I'd grind those almost flush with the port roof.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Theking Guest

Thanks for your reply, but they are brand New and shouldnt have to be grinded or heated and "remade" for that price they cost, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Theking View Post
    Thanks for your reply, but they are brand New and shouldn't have to be grinded or heated and "remade" for that price they cost, right?
    Yes, you're absolutely right.
    I only mentioned a solution because you're located
    overseas and you said you wanted them installed ASAP.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires