Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holley EFI V3 Software

It has to be banks of 4 flipped just like I posted in post #5, for a Mod motor using the Ford Stock Crank & Cam sensors.
    Just do exactly as I have listed in Post #5. I've done several of these with no issues. And as stated, with the LS Coils, Dwell will be 3.5 - 5.0 ms.
    -Scott
    Don't forget to check out progress on my Race Car:
    Project Blasphemy - 8.07 @ 171
    Low 8 Second Street Car

OK, I tried to start it, and it started once, and then died after like 5 seconds of running. I get an RPM Error while cranking. It goes from 150 RPM, and then randomly goes to Error, and won't start.

Can plug wires that don't click onto the plugs right, cause this? I got some custom wires made for it, but they don't seem to "click" onto the plugs right.
    Pulled the wires off and while cranking, it still goes from syncing to Error. This car was running before, 4 weeks back with the stock computer.
    Last edited by 1loudsuv; 11-03-2014 at 11:30 PM.

For Modular engine stuff, you will have to play with the magnetic settings for the cam & crank sensors.

Best thing you can do, is diagnose it with a System Log.
    Recording a System Log will show you the cam & crank sensors, and you can determine if it's an issue with one or the other, or a combination of both.

The magnetic crank & cam sensors that Ford uses, are more picky about RF/EMI noise...and crap plug wires can be a culprit. But not
    "clicking" into place, is usually not an issue as long as they make good contact with the coils & plugs.
    -Scott
    Low 8 Second Street Car

Which way should I play with it? More filtering or less, and with the voltage which way should I go? When I first tried to start it, I would get 150 RPM or so, and then an Error and it wouldn't start. I loaded up the Modular motor settings, and it started and ran for 5 seconds, but then it died. Then same thing 150 or so RPM and then Error. Now it just goes straight from stall, to syncing, to error. Both cam & crank sensors are the original ones on the car from 70,000 miles on them.

You will have to run a System Log to see. I can't answer that question without seeing a System Log.
    I'm a mechanic, not a magician. I have to have data to diagnose the issue to be able to fix it.
    -Scott
    Low 8 Second Street Car

I'm a mechanic too, and we use that phrase all the time when customers ask us stupid stuff. Ha, Ha, Ha. Okay, I'll get a datalog. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by 1loudsuv View Post
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....3994#post53994
    Could that be causing the RPM Error?
    Have you only tried the Custom Ignition Parameters from that post?
    Or have you also tried Holley's Custom Ignition Parameters from this post: Link?
    I'm asking because the firing order is the same, but the crank & cam sensor parameters are not.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    Have you only tried the Custom Ignition Parameters from that post?
    Or have you also tried Holley's Custom Ignition Parameters from this post: Link?
    I'm asking because the firing order is the same, but the crank & cam sensor parameters are not.
    Tried both, no go won't start, and get error from syncing and sometimes I get RPM. Here is a log.
    I put in new Motorcraft cam & crank sensors before this log to. This is with those settings you just linked me to.
    Last edited by 1loudsuv; 11-04-2014 at 11:05 PM.

Can you zoom way in, so we can see the individual cam and crank signals? Should look like a bunch of square waves.
    And can you change the resolutions of both the cam and crank to be a scale of -0.1 to 0.5.
    And if you understand how to do it, put the cam signal in one panel, and the crank signal in another.
    -Scott
    Low 8 Second Street Car

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast