Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Holley EFI V3 Software

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    When my engine is stone cold, my (Holley) CTS & MAT sensors are always within 1°-2° of each other (no calibration Offsets).
    I did it that way and got a multimeter to calibrate it, and it was within 2 degrees of the Fluke readings. That worked very well.
    I just want to thank everyone for helping. The car is running great now: http://youtu.be/A7JumtYVw4E

Another issue! I was out testing today, and when the car gets over 200 degrees it does the following:
    You rev it and it stays at 2000 RPM, and it goes into open loop and not learning, stays that way.
    Restart the car, and it idles at 1050 like programmed, and closed loop.
    Then if I rev it over 2000 RPM, it drops down to 2000 RPM.
    I tried IAC Parked Position that didn't do anything, its at 45%.
    TPS is at 0%, even when the car goes to 2000 rpm according to logs.
    I had this problem with the car before like 4 years back it was the TPS.
    I replaced it, but with a Pep Boys one, so I don't know if it's settings or the TPS again.
    Here are my settings for the IAC control:

Have you done a datalog when it happens?
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by FuelieNova View Post
    Have you done a datalog when it happens?
    Yes I have. TPS says 0% and IAC says 54%. I don't know what else to look for. It's like it is staying in the IAC Hold Position. What I don't understand, is why it goes into Open Loop? Or why it stays in the IAC Hold Position when the TPS says 0%?
    Last edited by 1loudsuv; 12-08-2014 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1loudsuv View Post
    Here are my settings for the IAC control:
    Your IAC Hold Position is set too high, and your RPM Above Idle to Start Ramp is set too low.

When you move the throttle off idle, the IAC Position is supposed to increase.
    As soon as the throttle is moved beyond 0%, the IAC Hold Position is activated.
    When you return to idle (hot), the IAC Position should also return to about 2%.
    If it doesn't (meaning the engine RPM hangs & doesn't return to idle), your
    IAC Hold Position is set too high or RPM Above Idle to Start Ramp is set too low.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....8236#post48236 (Additional Information - Read This!)

Below are my IAC Ramp Down settings:
    IAC Hold Position - 20%
    Ramp Decay Time - 2.0 sec
    RPM Above Idle to Start Ramp - 1000 RPM
    RPM Above Idle to Re-enable Idle Control - 100 RPM
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....3138#post53138 (Additional Information)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Great thread - the name of it should be changed to "Ford Modular Issues & Setup".

Quote Originally Posted by FPSeth View Post
    Great thread - the name of it should be changed to "Ford Modular Issues & Setup".
    I agree, Danny & S2H have been VERY helpful and I thank them a lot for helping.

I agree, Danny & S2H have been VERY helpful and I thank them a lot for helping.
    So turns out Holley has a new firmware they are working on for IAC problems, etc. I'm using it, and so far it has fixed all the issues.
    Another thing I noticed, with the key-on/engine-off, I could hear the IAC going crazy. And now with the new firmware, it's resolved; I don't hear anything.

So turns out Holley has a new firmware they are working on for IAC problems, etc. I'm using it, and so far it has fixed all the issues.
    Which ECU firmware version is it?
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    Which ECU firmware version is it?
    V3.14. I also noticed my ECT readings changed a couple of degrees.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234