Thread: Eight Stack Problem

Unhappy Eight Stack Problem

Hi. I have got a strange & annoying problem since I converted from TBI to Eight stack on my Ford 460. It runs great, but the cylinders on passenger side (1-4) is running about 0.15-0.2 Lambda richer then cylinders 5-8. Especially cylinder 1 where the spark plug is black, while cylinders 5-8 are perfect. The Lambda sensor is measuring on cylinders 5-8. First, I thought that there was something wrong with injector on cylinder 1, so I shifted it with cylinder 2 but no difference. I have also checked the spark plugs, wires & ignition coils (I'm running waste-spark), but can't find anything that is wrong. It feels like I have run out of ideas now!

Per-Ola Borgstrom
    Motala, SWEDEN

http://forums.holley.com/showthread....5480#post45480 (Read "Potential Causes of L & R Bank AFR Differences")
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Are you sure your stacks are synchronized correctly? When I ran an eight stack, this was the most critical part of the setup.
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by FuelieNova View Post
    Are you sure your stacks are synchronized correctly?
    Yep...like synchronizing multiple carburetors on a motorcycle (same tool):
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-4025/overview/ (Popular Example)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I have used that type of synchronizing tool, and all cylinders are between 1/2 to 3/4 on the scale, at idle (600 RPM).
    /Per-Ola

Switch your WBO2 sensors from side to side, and see if how the readings look then. Tom

I think I have solved the problem. It seemed to be air pockets in the end of the fuel rail. I have moved the fuel pressure regulator away from the fuel rail, and also moved the outlet of the rail. Earlier it was about 3 inches in, and on the bottom of the fuel rail, but now it's in the end.
    http://www.borlainduction.com/200079...-air-horn.html (Borla Induction - Formerly TWM Induction)