Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holley Pro-Jection 4D Issue - Starts, Doesn't Run

After reading more threads, the GM HEI style distributor needs the YELLOW wire from the tach terminal. (Not the yellow/black.)

Also, the tachometer signal amplifier is not needed.

Old and new documentation needs to reflect this.

Thanks, Super Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dave View Post
    After reading more threads, the GM HEI style distributor needs the YELLOW wire from the tach terminal. (Not the yellow/black.)
    You never mentioned whether or not you're using a CD ignition box.
    No one in this thread instructed you to use the yellow/black ignition wire.
    The Pro-Jection 4D manual states when to use the yellow or yellow/black wire on pages 18 & 19.
    https://www.holley.com/document/techlibrary_r10022.pdf (Holley Pro-Jection 4D Manual)

Also, the tachometer signal amplifier is not needed. Old and new documentation needs to reflect this.
    Correct, the manual clearly states it's required for most aftermarket ignition systems.
    You don't have an aftermarket ignition system, so you never actually needed it.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I'm trying to load the Holley Pro-Jection software to view parameters for my 4D system. I'm getting an error, "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you’re running.” I'm up to Windows 7 Enterprise. Is there a work around for this? Thanks, Dave.

I'm getting an error, "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you’re running.” I'm up to Windows 7 Enterprise.
    I don't think that Holley Pro-Jection 4D/4Di software is compatible with Windows 7.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I was able acquire a laptop. I downloaded the Holley 4D software. I'm not able to view the data monitor information, getting a 'not connected' error. I connected the ECU 9 pin male to the computer 9 pin male, using a 9 pin female to female null modem adapter. Is there a special connector needed? Thanks.

I'm not able to view the data monitor information, getting a 'not connected' error. I connected the ECU 9 pin male to the computer 9 pin male, using a 9 pin female to female null modem adapter. Is there a special connector needed?
    I remember doing this a very long time ago. I connected the communication serial cable directly to the laptop, without an adapter.

Using a straight through cable (not a null modem or crossover cable), I was able to connect. I get: "Invalid Program Error. This ECU is equipped with an outdated EPROM chip. Please use the laptop software version originally supplied with this ECU, or contact Holley Performance for an updated EPROM chip."

Using the Holley software & 9 pin cable, I'm able to view engine performance with the Data Monitor window. My oxygen comp value is at -30%. Engine runs rich at idle. I checked my fuel pressure, it's at 30 psi. I'm not able to adjust pressure with setscrew in rear of unit. I replaced the diaphragm with a rebuild kit, no change. Anything I missed? Return pressure is below 4 psi with a 3/8" line into & out of unit. Thanks, Dave

UPDATE: Faulty fuel gauge. I'm able to adjust to 15 psi. Will run & adjust from here. Dave

I'm trying to load the Holley Pro-Jection software to view parameters for my 4D system. I'm getting an error, "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you’re running.” I'm up to Windows 7 Enterprise. Is there a work around for this? Thanks, Dave.
    You can try this on the same machine: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...&wa=wsignin1.0 This link is for XP Mode for Windows 7.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12