Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HP EFI - no cam signal?

Quote Originally Posted by chuckd71 View Post
    As was I; I'm redoing it now actually, just to be sure.
    Yeah, ensure you're clicking "Save" and cycling the ignition key off & back on.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

This is what I sent to the ECU. Cycled key off/on, synced again (pulling from ECU), and checking that it was the same:

Name:  engine parameters.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  98.8 KB

Name:  camsensoroff.JPG
Views: 296
Size:  51.9 KB

Name:  zoomed.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  50.0 KB

This is what I sent to the ECU.
    Just to be sure of something, change the Output Setup to "DIS Waste Fire" (Cam Sensor - Not Used), and see if it starts.
    If not, I refer you back to post #10. Is the Actual System Pressure and Rated Injector Pressure really 58 psi?
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    Is this "24x reluctor" an actual GM LSx type 24x crank trigger wheel (or just a basic 24 tooth reluctor wheel)? Is the 1x single pulse cam sync "timed" for an GM LSx 24x crank trigger? They must be GM LSx compatible with each other, when selecting such Ignition Parameters.
    Yes, GM crank trigger wheel. All of these are GM parts, but I don't understand what you are asking when you say "is the cam sync timed for 24 crank...".
    But yes, in the Ignition Parameters (when the cam sensor is used), it's a 1x cam and 24x crank. I changed when I bought the motor was the cam.

I don't have a pic on my computer, but here is my cam gear - http://ls1tech.com/forums/17557292-post434.html

So it didn't run on "DIS Waste Fire" (Cam Sensor - Not Used)? Ensure the battery is fully charged before starting the engine.

I'll do that now. Injectors are stock LS3, 42 lbs (well, 41.74 or something) @ 58 psi. I just readjusted that. System pressure is 55-58ish. Changed to Waste Fire and Cam Sensor - Not Used.

Name:  waste fire.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  42.7 KB

The battery isn't dropping below 11V at its lowest, then it pops back up to at least 11.8 almost immediately. If that is enough to make this EFI system not work then I'm selling it tomorrow. No sense in putting myself in a position to be stranded every time I listen to the radio with the engine off for more than 5 minutes. I don't get the feeling that is the issue here, but the battery is on the charger as we speak.

I don't get the feeling that is the issue here, but the battery is on the charger as we speak.
    I didn't say that was the problem...I just want to avoid running it low with all these start attempts.
    I really need to know if it starts on "DIS Waste Fire" (Cam Sensor - Not Used)? Yes or no?

Oh, I wasn't suggesting you were, just sort of thinking out loud. I'm willing to try anything, and you know more about this than I do.
    No, it did not start on waste fire cam sensor not used.

No, it did not start on on "DIS Waste Fire" (Cam Sensor - Not Used).
    It should have started. This means the crank sensor might not be transmitting the proper signal (or its wiring), or the 24x crank reluctor isn't installed onto the crankshaft correctly. You'll need to verify this by checking the Cranking Timing (Ignition Parameters) with a timing light.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast