Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help With Commander 950

Default Help With Commander 950

Good evening. First of all, sorry about my English, I'm from other country. I have a big problem and I need your help. I'm trying to install Holley Commander 950 in a Vortech 350 motor. It has an MSD distributor. I did all as the manual says, but when I turn it on it gives me sparks by the sparks plugs. It’s in point, but the TBI doesn’t inject the fuel. I checked the original fuel injection pump and it’s pumping, but I'm not sure if it's pumping with the right pounds. When I turn on the TBI, the fuel injection pump doesn’t turn on, and I have to turn it on directly. Plus I checked the amps to see if the ECU is getting energy, but it doesn’t shows it. I checked the fuses & the connections but it's all OK. I disconnected the injector’s plug from the TBI, and I did the test of energy, acceleration and everything else, and I still not getting electricity.
    What could it be? Thank you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Enmiguel View Post
    I did all as the manual says, but when I turn it on it gives me sparks by the sparks plugs. It’s in point, but the TBI doesn’t inject the fuel.
    Does the ECU prime the fuel pump for five seconds at key-on, during this no start condition?
    When cranking to start, is the "Fuel Pump On" indicator highlighted red (Fuel & Spark Map)?
    Is the C950 ECU controlling timing? Which distributor? Is the engine getting spark (timing light)?

When I turn on the TBI, the fuel injection pump doesn’t turns on, and I have to turn it on directly.
    Is there a Base Map loaded? Is the system relay defective?

Which C950 software & firmware versions do you have?
    The latest software version is 3.0.7, and firmware is 3.6.
    Click on the About & Version tab (key-on) to find your current software & firmware versions.
    Your C950 software version must be compatible with your C950 firmware version:
    1.xx software = 1.xx firmware
    2.xx software = 2.xx firmware
    3.xx software = 3.xx firmware

You can download the C950 manual (with wiring diagrams) and the latest software here:
    http://www.holley.com/TechService/Li...#FuelInjection (Scroll down to "Commander 950")
    The firmware in your C950 ECU can only be updated by sending the ECU to Holley.
    I highly suggest Holley's own 534-197 WBO2 sensor kit; it's "plug & play" with the C950 harness.

http://www.chevytalk.org/fusionbb/sh...?post/2236964/ (C950 Fuel Map Tuning Procedure)
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....2773#post12773 (Additional Fuel Map Tuning Tip)
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....6662#post26662 (Ignition Timing Synchronization)
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....e-Tuning-Notes (EFI Idle Tuning Notes)
    https://www.holley.com/document/tech...y_r10149-7.pdf (Commander 950 Manual)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Hello. I have a similar problem. Should I start a new thread, or you guys wouldn't mind if I post here?

If it's a similar problem, post it here.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: Dominator MPFI & DIS, A/C, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/X-pipe/shorty headers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Thanks. I purchased C950 TBI kit 950-24S like 4 years ago, and just have it installed last week on our Pontiac 400 engine. Our application is exactly like figure 82 in the manual (MSD Pro-Billet distributor, MSD Blaster HVC-2 coil, MSD Digital-6 Plus). Everything seems fine with the wiring. I managed to connect to the ECU and enter Engine Parameters according to the manual. At key on, the fuel pressure is up 21 PSI, Fuel Pump On highlighted red, but injector will not spray when cranking. I tried disconnecting the connector from the TBI to check if there are any signal coming out of the ECU but nothing. Just hope that it's not the ECU problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    At key on, the fuel pressure is up 21 PSI, Fuel Pump On highlighted red, but injector will not spray when cranking.
    When cranking to start, is the "Fuel Pump On" indicator highlighted red (Fuel & Spark Map)?
    This is not the same as "key-on/engine-off" (five second Fuel Pump Prime Time).

Yes, Fuel Pump On highlighted in red when key on, and when cranking it's still highlighted red.
    Oops, I looked on the Fuel Map only. I have to check on the Spark Map also?
    Last edited by Ancient; 07-31-2014 at 03:43 AM.

Yes, Fuel Pump On highlighted in red when key on, and when cranking it's still highlighted red.
    Does the ECU prime the fuel pump for five seconds at key-on? Is the engine getting spark (timing light)?

Oops, I looked on the Fuel Map only. I have to check on the Spark Map also?
    No, either one is fine.

When you say, "ECU prime the fuel pump for 5 seconds at key-on", you mean the pump operates when turning the key to on position? If so, then yes, the pump operates and gives me pressure.

I tried to start the engine spray the fuel manually into the intake. The engine tried to start and runs out of gas, so I guess we got spark.

I tried to start the engine spray the fuel manually into the intake. The engine tried to start and runs out of gas, so I guess we got spark.
    You don't have a timing light? Is the distributor timing set correctly? This is not an ECU controlled timing application, correct?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast