Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Terminator with HP ECU?

The more I read up on this, the more confused I get. I have the plug and play LS HP EFI kit. I ordered the Terminator throttle body, main harness, and TB harness. I'm thinking of ordering the crank trigger kit for a SBC. Which one do I need? What else will I need to hook up LSx coils and get this up & running? Do I need an adapter harness for the coils or crank trigger? Or will it be plug & play? I want to get rid of my carb, MSD box, MSD coil, nitrous controller and control everything with the HP ECU. I'm trying to get everything in line before I tear apart the car.

Thanks, Jeff
    Last edited by speedphreake; 07-27-2014 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by speedphreake View Post
    I'm thinking of ordering the crank trigger kit for a SBC. Which one do I need?
    Do you want a Holley 60-2 crank trigger kit, or an MSD Flying Magnet (4x) crank trigger kit?
    The Holley 556-110 60-2 crank trigger kit (SBC) is supplied with everything you need.
    The MSD Flying Magnet crank trigger kit requires Holley's 554-118 direct replacement Hall-Effect crank sensor.

What else will I need to hook up LSx coils and get this up & running?
    If you purchased a Holley EFI LSx kit, then you should already be able to connect to the existing LSx ignition coils/coil harnesses.

Do I need an adapter harness for the coils or crank trigger? Or will it be plug & play?
    It's "plug & play" for the LSx engine you purchased the Holley HP EFI - GM LS Engine Plug & Play Kit for.
    Again, which Holley part number kit do you have? Why would an LSx kit be "plug & play" on a SBC?
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

I understand it will be plug & play when I put the LS motor in. I have 550-602. But for the SBC I currently have, how do I hook up the LS coils? You said I in an earlier post I would just have to setup the ECU for the LSx coils.

But for the SBC I currently have, how do I hook up the LS coils?
    With a Holley HP EFI - GM LS Engine Plug & Play Kit, you need the LSx coils and the two GM 12579355 CNP sub-harnesses (if you don't already have them).

You said I in an earlier post I would just have to setup the ECU for the LSx coils.
    Yes, software-wise. I thought you knew which hardware is required.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    With a Holley HP EFI - GM LS Engine Plug & Play Kit, you need the LSx coils and the two GM 12579355 CNP sub-harnesses (if you don't already have them).
    I have the coils & sub-harness. Do I need something else to plug them into the Terminator harness?

Do I need something else to plug them into the Terminator harness?
    I'm confused. In post #13, you stated you have the 550-602 GM LS Engine Plug & Play Kit.
    Now you have the 558-414 Terminator main harness? If so, read the following paragraph:

Originally Posted by Danny Cabral
    If you already have or you're purchasing a new Holley EFI non-LSx main harness:
    The Holley 558-307 CNP main harness is for Holley's Coil-On-Plug smart coils and LSx ignition coils (nine terminated loose wires into J1B).
    If using Holley's 556-112 CNP coils, the Holley 558-318 CNP coil sub-harness is also required (or the Holley 556-128 CNP Big Wire V8 Kit).
    For LSx coils, Holley 558-307 CNP main harness plugs into two GM 12579355 CNP sub-harnesses or Holley 558-321 LSx coil sub-harnesses.
    If you had a Holley EFI LSx main harness, you wouldn't need the Holley 558-307 CNP main harness or the 558-318 CNP coil sub-harness.
    https://www.holley.com/products/igni...nd_components/ (Holley EFI Coil-Near-Plug Ignition Components)

I have the 550-602, but putting the LS motor in the car is on the back burner for awhile.
    I want to use the HP EFI ECU to control the LSx coils, and a Terminator TB on the current SBC in the car.

So, I if I understand this correctly, I'll need:
    Terminator throttle body - 534-217
    Terminator sub-harness - 558-415
    Terminator main harness - 558-414
    CNP main harness - 558-307
    Holley crank trigger - 556-110
    coolant temp sensor - 534-10

Hopefully this clears it up a little, I confuse myself trying to figure it out.

I have the 550-602, but putting the LS motor in the car is on the back burner for awhile.
    I want to use the HP EFI ECU to control the LSx coils, and a Terminator TB on the current SBC in the car.
    Thanks for the reminder. I help so many people, I can't remember what everyone is doing (especially when it's something unconventional).

So, I if I understand this correctly, I'll need:
    Terminator throttle body - 534-217
    Terminator sub-harness - 558-415
    Terminator main harness - 558-414
    CNP main harness - 558-307
    Holley crank trigger - 556-110
    coolant temp sensor - 534-10
    Yes. The other sensors should be in your Holley 550-602 HP EFI - GM LS Engine Plug & Play Kit.

I have everything installed, but can't get it to run. I've rechecked all the wiring and as near as I can tell, everything is correct. I think it's an issue with the ignition. With a timing light on each plug wire, I have a couple plugs firing, sometimes correctly, sometimes 90° out. These are stock LS coils off a '05 Silverado, Holley crank trigger that's dialed in correctly. What am I missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have everything installed, but can't get it to run. I think it's an issue with the ignition. With a timing light on each plug wire, I have a couple plugs firing, sometimes correctly, sometimes 90° out.
    What's your Ignition Type and how are your Ignition Parameters configured?
    Ignition Type ...... ― "Custom"
    Crank Sensor Type ― "60-2"
    Sensor Type ....... ― "Digital Falling"
    Inductive Delay ... ― "adjusted per application" (← Synchronization info.)
    Timing Offset ...... ― "0"
    TDC Tooth Number ― "9, 10, 11 or 12"
    Cam Sensor Type . ― "Single Pulse" (← If sequentially injected.)
    Sensor Type ........ ― "Digital Falling" (← If sequentially injected.)
    Output Setup Type ― "DIS Coil On Plug"
    Dwell Time .......... ― "3.5-5.0 msec" (← Read end of page 3 - Link.)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast