Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Digital & LCD Displays

Quote Originally Posted by lxmodguy View Post
    I bought a Microsoft Surface Pro to basically do the same thing as the Digital Dash.
    No, a laptop/tablet can't be used as an instrument panel like the Digital Dash (it doesn't have that type of software/GUI).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Just so everyone knows, the newest Digital Dash firmware has been uploaded to the Resource Documents & Downloads section
    on Holley's website. It can be downloaded directly by clicking this link: http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...ash_3.0.20.zip
    Installation instructions and a document outlining new features are contained in the .zip file.

Hi Guys, wanting to know if it's possible when using this dash in conjunction with Dominator ECU, will you have the ability to display auto transmission gear position info?
    E.G. I'm using a Turbo 400, so can we setup something like Dakota Digital display and allow P,R,N,2,1 to be shown on dash? I'm not sure you can configure an input such as this with different resistance values for set positions? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Cheers Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TMACK View Post
    I'm not sure you can configure an input such as this with different resistance values for set positions?
    Try this: Create a custom Input (& Output) for each gearshift position.
    In the I/O ICF, Name each gear position & select Thermistor as the Type.
    In Configure, select Resistance as the thermistor Type, and program the Ohms values.
    Then create a corresponding custom Output, and select that Input as the Sensor Input Trigger.
    You'll most likely need to enter a Secondary Deactivation value, so it only sees that gear position.

E.G. I'm using a Turbo 400, so can we setup something like Dakota Digital display, and allow P,R,N,2,1 to be shown on dash?
    You should then be able to select the custom Output, and activate a numeric icon with it.
    http://documents.holley.com/199r10746rev1.pdf (Holley 553-106 Digital Dash Instruction Manual)
    This is all just an idea (me thinking out loud). I have not put a lot of thought into this.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

When you use a B&M shifter with a rear exit cable, the cable is connected above the gear selector of the transmission.
    If it comes out of the front of the shifter. The cable will connect below the gear selector of the transmission.
    B&M sells these parts separately. So you could cut & weld both of them together. Then use a linear potentiometer as a position sensor.

Hi to anyone at Holley Tech Department. Now that Holley acquired MSD and many other brands that came within, including Racepak, they have a product called SmartWire. which is a power distribution module or PDM, also known as electronic circuit breaker or ECB. Because I'm planning on using a Holley Dominator and the Digital Dash, which all are CAN Bus comm protocol. It will be great if the display could also communicate with this unit on displaying electrical system health warnings and power used. It will simplify complexity of the system & reliability. This is just a suggestion. As a customer, I know a lot of customers will like to see something like that in a single system. I really don't like the poor display performance of Racepak display dashes, not offending anyone.