Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Digital & LCD Displays

Default New Digital & LCD Displays

Is there any word on when the new displays will be released? I keep hearing very soon - for the last 8 months. I'm hoping these will be suitable for a marine application! Thanks for any insight.

May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Quote Originally Posted by weendoggy View Post
    Either way, I like the small one, and it'll have just enough features to be a big aid in the troubleshooting and setup areas.
    Yeah, even the smaller version is a significant upgrade from their current handheld programmer.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...b8A0nNeaI#t=30 (SEMA 2014 - Holley EFI)

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

I talked with the guy at SEMA about the handheld; he said mid December. Pretty amazing as far as display goes, but minimal tuning.
    I wish it would have the tuning capability of the current handheld, AND the coolness of the new gauge display capability. Will be $799.

Quote Originally Posted by Launchpad View Post
    I talked with the guy at SEMA about the handheld; he said mid December. Pretty amazing as far as display goes, but minimal tuning.
    I wish it would have the tuning capability of the current handheld, AND the coolness of the new gauge display capability. Will be $799.
    I agree on tuning, but thought it's a lot easier to use than a laptop while driving. I plan on using mine for some easy diagnostics. Even the larger handheld unit doesn't do "fine tuning", so you'll need a laptop to do that. I was told if you had an area that needed tuning, the software would be the way to go, as the handhelds will do a "global" adjustment, thus making an area that doesn't need adjustments affected by the "global" adjustment you want to set for just one area. I.E. Say you want to increase the acceleration in just one area, the handheld will do a global adjustment across the total range. Thus the need to fine tune with a laptop. Either way, great idea from Holley!

Quote Originally Posted by weendoggy View Post
    Even the larger handheld unit doesn't do "fine tuning", so you'll need a laptop to do that. I was told if you had an area that needed tuning, the software would be the way to go...
    A laptop computer will always be the best way to tune an engine. Real tuners use laptops. The new Digital Dash/handheld displays are great for monitoring and making minor changes (& datalogging, etc.).

I don't see anywhere in the literature that the 7" unit will be able to talk with NMEA 2000. Have I missed it? It would really open up a whole new world for Holley EFI, if the ECUs could communicate with the standard in the Marine industry. As nice as the 7" will be, imagine two engines being monitored from one 12" screen on the dash of a boat. Even if it was a converter that would translate to NMEA 2000, that would work. There are marine engine tuners going to FAST, as it will communicate with the Garmin and Raymarine.

Quote Originally Posted by Delsol View Post
    I don't see anywhere in the literature that the 7" unit will be able to talk with NMEA 2000. Have I missed it?
    As I mentioned before (Link), you'll have to contact Holley about this.

I want to order the Holley Dash, but can two of them be used together, to make a longer dash and more gauges? 7" is just too short? Has anyone received theirs yet?

This product isn't available yet. Until it is, you'll have to contact Holley Tech Service (Link) for answers to your questions.
    http://documents.holley.com/199r10746rev1.pdf (Holley 553-106 Digital Dash Instruction Manual)