Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: C950 Startup Help!

Yes, I have tried increasing the idle area of the map. Only the first four rows across at the bottom. That is the only spot I have seen it go red. Do the changes take affect on the map when I input them, or do I have to write it each time I make a change? I noticed when I disconnect my PC and then read the ECU, the values are back to the default. Key is on when I doing this. On the Fuel Map, why does the map graph have all 100s, a 73, a 58, then the rest are 39?

I couldn't really get a good reading from the wideband. It dies so fast and trying to watch everything at once.

Good to know the ECU is OK!

The fuel pressure is set 43.

Quote Originally Posted by seiplez View Post
    Do the changes take affect on the map when I input them, or do I have to write it each time I make a change?
    You must press enter, tab, or move off that cell, for the change to register.

On the fuel map why does the map graph have all 100s, a 73, a 58, then the rest are 39?
    Which C950 software & firmware versions do you have?
    The latest software version is 3.0.7, and firmware is 3.6.
    Click on the About & Version tab (key-on) to find your current software & firmware versions.
    Your C950 software version must be compatible with your C950 firmware version:
    1.xx software = 1.xx firmware
    2.xx software = 2.xx firmware
    3.xx software = 3.xx firmware

You can download the C950 manual (with wiring diagrams) and the latest software here:
    http://www.holley.com/TechService/Li...#FuelInjection (Scroll down to "Commander 950")

The firmware in your C950 ECU can only be updated by sending the ECU to Holley.
    The newest software & firmware will operate a narrowband or wideband O2 sensor.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Woo Hoo!!! It runs. It started right up after I put the correct the MAP load values in. I have no idea why the base map had them all set at 100 then 39? I can't rev it up at all, it hesitates pretty bad. But I got it to idle OK. Need to get the base timing dialed in next. It reads it's putting 17 degrees in and it's set 8°. Do I need to pull the plug and set it like it was from the factory (GM HEI)? I did change it to 12° on the map, and tried to set it 12°, but it ran worse. By the way, I'm running software 3.07 and firmware 3.6.

It started right up after I put the correct the MAP load values in. I have no idea why the base map had them all set at 100 then 39?
    Oh, now I understand what you meant by, "On the Fuel Map, why does the map graph have all 100s, a 73, a 58, then the rest are 39?"
    You meant the MAP kPa load scale wasn't configured properly. I was wondering what was wrong with the Fuel and/or Spark Graphs.

This only seems to happen to those who started with a non-PRO C950 file. I always avoided this...even though the 'Force Default Values' function is supposed to convert non-Pro files (older software file) to Pro software compatibility. When data is corrupted, these are the parameters that are affected, so take a look:
    Map (kPa) Load Scale
    Decel Fuel Cutoff
    Load Sense - Rpm below which unit is Alpha-N
    O2 Compensation Limit
    Target Air/Fuel Ratio Map or Target O2 Voltage
    Wideband O2 check box
    Enable Idle Spark Control
    Additional Timing vs. Coolant Temperature
    Rate of Change of MAP Sensor
    Pulse Width-Rate of Change of TPS
    Fuel Map
    Spark Map

Need to get the base timing dialed in next. It reads it's putting 17 degrees in and it's set 8°.
    In the Modifiers screen (under Fuel), are all your "Additional Timing vs. Coolant Temperature" values set to -32°? If so, change them all to zero.

http://forums.holley.com/showthread....&p=938#post938 (Ignition Timing Synchronization)
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

My mouth to paper sometimes doesn't translate well. I did use the base maps from the Holley site, so I thought they would be the "Pro" versions already. I will double check those other settings you have mentioned.

Guess I have to get my fuel maps a whole lot better, before I can do the timing. I don't even think it will rev up to 3k right now. I do know it is off though, I need to get a dial back timing light I only have a standard one.

I did use the base maps from the Holley site, so I thought they would be the "Pro" versions already. I will double check those other settings you have mentioned.
    The Fuel & Spark Maps probably have corrupted values too. I would play it safe by using one of the wideband O2 base maps ("WB" prefix) from the C950 EFI software. Program the Engine Parameters & Oxygen Sensor screens. When I opened the "STLTHZZ4.950" base map on my computer, it wasn't corrupted; I don't know why yours was.

Well I did like you suggested. I pulled a WB map, I think it was the 2405 one or something like that. It runs great now!!!! Just idles really high. Started off low just increased to like 1800. Not sure why it did that?

Just idles really high. Started off low just increased to like 1800. Not sure why it did that?
    Enter zero in the first three "Minimum IAC Position" cells.
    Set the "Max TPS for Idle" at least 2 higher than the idle TPS.
    Ensure the idle speed screw is set to achieve an IAC position of around 5-10 counts at hot idle.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....rd-distributor (Additional Information)

So where do I send you a case of beer? It is idling great now. It sounds great. I need to tune in the Fuel Map a little at idle, but not much. I can see where it's compensating for the O2, the bars are up at the 110% mark.

So where do I send you a case of beer?
    LOL! You're welcome. I don't drink (never have), and my wife only drinks wine.

I can see where it's compensating for the O2, the bars are up at the 110% mark.
    110% Closed Loop Compensation means the ECU is adding 10% fuel.
    Ideally, the entire fuel map should be tuned to 95-100% Closed Loop Compensation.

http://www.chevytalk.org/fusionbb/sh...?post/2236964/ (C950 Fuel Map Tuning Procedure)
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....2773#post12773 (Additional Fuel Map Tuning Tip)
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....6662#post26662 (Ignition Timing Synchronization)
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....e-Tuning-Notes (EFI Idle Tuning Notes)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast