Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MSD 8360 Distributor & 6AL to HP Wiring Harness

Hi Dan. I'm almost ready to start up my car, and was wondering if Holley has a base map for a ZZ4 with Fast Burn heads. I have a Howard's Cam and Hilborn 8 stack intake with Holley HP ECU. I realize that I'll need to provide more info on my motor than this, but just wanted to know if Holley had a base map to get me to the point that I can start my car, and then tinker from there.

Thanks, Morey

Quote Originally Posted by smalliehunter View Post
    I'm almost ready to start up my car, and was wondering if Holley has a base map for a ZZ4 with Fast Burn heads.
    Five ICFs (software icons) are required to operate the engine: Fuel, Spark, System, Sensor, Idle.
    Just need to program the correct information into the Engine Parameters, Ignition Parameters, Sensors, Idle & Spark ICFs.
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...librations.pdf (Base Calibrations)
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...r10546rev1.pdf (Quick Start Guide)
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....8687#post48687 (Initial Checks & Adjustments)

Remember, the base calibration you start with, must correspond to the MAP sensor you're using:
    For example, you can't use a naturally aspirated base calibration for a forced induction engine.
    This is because the 2,3,5 bar MAP sensor selection only changes the kPa load Y-axis, but not the Base Fuel Table lb/hr
    values (creating an excessively lean map) or the Base Timing Table degree values (excessively advanced timing map).
    You must choose a 2,3,5 bar base calibration or reconfigure your existing Global Folder's Fuel & Timing Tables accordingly.

Ensure the fuel pressure is properly adjusted and the "Actual System Pressure" is accurately entered in Engine Parameters.
    With TBI, the Actual System Pressure is measured anytime engine is running (no vacuum reference hose), or key-on/engine-off pump running.
    With MPFI, the Actual System Pressure is measured with the vacuum reference hose temporarily disconnected, or key-on/engine-off pump running.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Thanks Dan, it's a lot to digest, but I'm sure it will all come to me when I start setting it up in the software, I hope.

Much appreciated!
    Morey

Thanks Dan, it's a lot to digest, but I'm sure it will all come to me when I start setting it up in the software, I hope.
    Post #12 has good base calibration setup information.
    When you get the engine running, don't forget these tasks:

Adjust the idle speed screw on the throttle body to achieve an IAC Position of about 2% at hot idle.
    Remember to perform another TPS AutoSet, whenever you adjust the idle speed screw on the throttle body.

http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ing-Holley-EFI (Timing Synchronization - Not for LSx)
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Hi Dan, still not there yet. I had to get my intake machined for my Fast Burn heads, as they sold me the wrong intake, even after me sending emails & articles to the machine shop on fast burn heads. Long story...

My issue now is that I've built a custom wire harness for the injectors and ran everything in a SS tube. I used the cylinder order for a SBC, not the firing order. When I look at the pin colors in the HP instructions, they don't match the colors for the injector wiring. An example would be cyl #1 wire color on the injector plug is black/red, and in the HP instructions the pin #B19 Injector A is gray, none of the colors match up. The other question I have for you is, do I splice all the red wires together and connect just 2 of them to the J & K on the injector plug? My harness is the HP Unterminated Universal Harness, so I'm doing everything from scratch. I'm assuming the red wires are all connected together on the terminated harness, not sure though. Thanks in advance. Morey

When I look at the pin colors in the HP instructions, they don't match the colors for the injector wiring.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ith-Holley-EFI (Injector Wiring Information)

The other question I have for you is, do I splice all the red wires together and connect just 2 of them to the J & K on the injector plug?
    Look at the wiring schematics at the end of the Holley EFI Wiring Manual - Section 13, Wiring Appendix:
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...10555rev17.pdf (Holley EFI Wiring Manual)

Dan, I've looked at Section 13 Wiring Appendix and it shows only 2 wires connected to J & K on the injector plug, and they splice into one 14 gauge wire from #1 on the fuel pump relay. I'm assuming the 2 wires are shown for diagram purposes only, and that I do in fact splice all the 8 red injector harness wires together? Sorry for the stupid questions, but I don't want to mess this up. Thanks for all your help. Morey

Dan, I've looked at Section 13 Wiring Appendix and it shows only 2 wires connected to J & K on the injector plug, and they splice into one 14 gauge wire from #1 on the fuel pump relay.
    On the ECU side of the fuel injector harness, there's one 14 AWG red wire spliced into two - pins J & K on the 10-pin injector harness connector. There's not eight wires.

I'm assuming the 2 wires are shown for diagram purposes only, and that I do in fact splice all the 8 red injector harness wires together? Sorry for the stupid questions, but I don't want to mess this up.
    On the engine side of the fuel injector harness, four of the fuel injector red wires (bank 1) connect to pin J, and the other four (bank 2) connect to pin K of the 10-pin injector connector. Again, it's not eight wires spliced into one.

OK, thanks again!

Dan, do I need to wire an IAC valve for my system to work correctly? I'm running the Hilborn 8 stack converted to EFI. I only have a TPS mounted on the throttle shaft to wire as well as the MAP, CTS, fuel & oil sensors. My Unterminated Universal Harness did not come with an IAC valve. Are these just for throttle body systems? Also, my Holley kit did come with a manifold air temperature sensor, but the Hilborn doesn't have any provisions for this sensor. Is it required for my system to run correctly, or is it just an information only thing for monitoring? I've searched the web so I wouldn't have to keep bugging you, but there isn't much info for the Hilborn EFI on the web. Thanks again, Morey

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast