Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Closed Loop Control Terms - Advanced Control Set To Custom

Default Closed Loop Control Terms - Advanced Control Set To Custom

When you first change from values of 1-5 to Custom,
    the values that are populated, which 1-5 setting are they most like?

I have the need to adjust Closed Loop Compensation at lower RPM, to get it to not overshoot as much.
    At higher RPM, it corrects just fine and seems to keep A/F reasonably close to desired.
    But at lower RPM, it seems to overshoot too much, or possibly it's just not correcting enough.
    But either way, settings 1-5 are too generic for my setup.
    -Scott
    Don't forget to check out progress on my Race Car:
    Project Blasphemy - 8.07 @ 171
    Low 8 Second Street Car

Danny? I figure you would be the one to respond here, most likely.
    -Scott
    Low 8 Second Street Car

Closed Loop Parameters - "Advanced Control" 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

ADVANCED CONTROL 1
    Closed Loop Control Terms:
    Internal.Fuel.Closed Loop.Config. Base P = 5
    Internal.Fuel.Closed Loop.Config. Base I = 10

Lean A/F Offset Above Target To Enable:
    Internal.Fuel.Closed Loop.Config. Lean AF Offset = 1.0
    Internal.Fuel.Closed Loop.Config. Lean P = 15
    Internal.Fuel.Closed Loop.Config. Lean I = 25

Rich A/F Offset Below Target To Enable:
    Internal.Fuel.Closed Loop.Config. Rich AF Offset = 1.0
    Internal.Fuel.Closed Loop.Config. Rich P = 15
    Internal.Fuel.Closed Loop.Config. Rich I = 25

ADVANCED CONTROL 2
    Internal.Fuel.Closed Loop.Config. Base P = 15
    Internal.Fuel.Closed Loop.Config. Base I = 25

Internal.Fuel.Closed Loop.Config. Lean P = 20
    Internal.Fuel.Closed Loop.Config. Lean I = 32

Internal.Fuel.Closed Loop.Config. Rich P = 20
    Internal.Fuel.Closed Loop.Config. Rich I = 32

ADVANCED CONTROL 3
    Internal.Fuel.Closed Loop.Config. Base P = 25
    Internal.Fuel.Closed Loop.Config. Base I = 40

Internal.Fuel.Closed Loop.Config. Lean P = 31
    Internal.Fuel.Closed Loop.Config. Lean I = 52

Internal.Fuel.Closed Loop.Config. Rich P = 31
    Internal.Fuel.Closed Loop.Config. Rich I = 52

ADVANCED CONTROL 4
    Internal.Fuel.Closed Loop.Config. Base P = 31
    Internal.Fuel.Closed Loop.Config. Base I = 52

Internal.Fuel.Closed Loop.Config. Lean P = 46
    Internal.Fuel.Closed Loop.Config. Lean I = 72

Internal.Fuel.Closed Loop.Config. Rich P = 46
    Internal.Fuel.Closed Loop.Config. Rich I = 72

ADVANCED CONTROL 5
    Internal.Fuel.Closed Loop.Config. Base P = 46
    Internal.Fuel.Closed Loop.Config. Base I = 72

Internal.Fuel.Closed Loop.Config. Lean P = 60
    Internal.Fuel.Closed Loop.Config. Lean I = 100

Internal.Fuel.Closed Loop.Config. Rich P = 60
    Internal.Fuel.Closed Loop.Config. Rich I = 100

http://forums.holley.com/showthread....2508#post62508 (Related WOT/Closed Loop Post)
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ension-Harness (Read "Wideband O2 Sensor Notes")

EFI Software Help Information/Instructions:
    ‒ On the top Toolbar, click "Help" & "Contents". This opens all Help topics.
    ‒ When navigating the software, click "Help ?", drag it to any parameter and click again.
    ..This automatically opens the definitions for that specific parameter.
    ‒ Tuning information can be read by clicking the F1 key, when you're viewing any screen.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 MT tires.

What setting is most desirable for drag racing? One of my cars was on 3, and the other one was on 5? Thanks.

If the engine is tuned, "3" should be fine.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....ension-Harness (Read "Wideband O2 Sensor Notes")
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 MT tires.

Thanks Danny. I assume you start with 5 while tuning?

4 or 5, if it doesn't cause problems. Sometimes if the Closed Loop Advanced Control is set too high initially, it can intermittently inhibit Learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    4 or 5, if it doesn't cause problems. Sometimes if the Closed Loop Advanced Control is set too high initially, it can intermittently inhibit Learning.
    This value is strictly how aggressive the Closed Loop PID is, it has NOTHING to do with Learn.
    When you need it to Learn faster, you change values on the Learn Parameters section, not the Closed Loop section.
    Closed Loop section will just help with any overshoot, or hunting around the desired AFR.

And at WOT, it doesn't matter which value you have it on.
    It's setup to correct less at idle and more at WOT.

It's basically how aggressive the Closed Loop fueling PID is, plus a Multiplier table which is not shown.

It really only affects lower RPM and part throttle.
    At WOT, it's always correcting as fast as possible because of the multiplier.

You can see the multiplier if you select "Custom".
    This is the default table that happens in the background.

Keep in mind, the word multiplier.
    Means a value of 2 it is correcting twice as fast as a value of 1.
    The table honestly doesn't need anything more aggressive than 4x or 5x to be safe at WOT.
    -Scott
    Low 8 Second Street Car

Quote Originally Posted by S2H View Post
    This value is strictly how aggressive the Closed Loop PID is, it has NOTHING to do with Learn.
    When you need it to Learn faster, you change values on the Learn Parameters section, not the Closed Loop section.
    Closed Loop section will just help with any overshoot, or hunting around the desired AFR.
    Yes, I know this. (It's not what I meant.)

You can see the multiplier if you select "Custom". This is the default table that happens in the background.
    Yes, that's the default Custom Advanced Control table. If someone wants to compare a default table to another Custom
    table, they can see them both using the V4 EFI software Global File Comparison Tool (C:Drive, Program Files, Holley, V4 EFI):
    http://documents.holley.com/techlibr...r10864rev1.pdf (V4 Software Overview - Section 10.2 "HEFI GCF Comparer", Page 22)

FYI: I use the Custom Advanced Control, only because I like the Closed Loop RPM Based Gain Multiplier table flat (1.2) in the idle area.
    It's not necessarily a big deal, but I'm picky about the idle area in all the EFI tables. I don't need anything changing in the idle area.

Thanks for the replies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast