Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Setting Fuel Pressure

I'm running a single Bosch 044 pump, a Aeromotive bypass regulator 13301 and a Holley fuel pressure sensor. The issue I'm currently having is when I start the engine, it's at 43 psi, after 30-40 min it drops to 41-40 psi. The engine bay does get hot. How can I resolve this? I know liquid filled gauges have issues when the temperature rises. Would the Holley 554-102 pressure sensor have the same issue? 43 psi then drops to 41-40 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by micktempe View Post
    Would the Holley 554-102 pressure sensor have the same issue? 43 psi then drops to 41-40 psi.
    No, that's more of a liquid filled gauge thing. The Holley pressure transducers (SSI Technologies) are very high quality and stainless steel construction (LINK). The Holley transducers have integrated ASIC signal conditioning for calibration & temperature compensation (unlike some less expensive models). Holley transducers are compatible with air, hydrogen, nitrogen, water, refrigerant, engine oil, diesel, ATF/hydraulic & brake fluid. The operating range is -40°C − 105°C (-40°F − 221°F).
    http://www.ssi-sensors.com/pdfs/Pres...20OVERVIEW.pdf (P51 Media Sensors - Pressure/Gauge Sensors - Performance Specifications Data Sheet)
    https://aeromotiveinc.com/frequently...fi-regulators/ (Aeromotive EFI Fuel Pressure Regulator FAQs - Read Questions #7 & #8!)
    http://aeromotiveinc.com/wp-content/..._Gauges_01.pdf (Aeromotive Tech Bulletin 903 - Liquid Filled vs Dry, The Problem & Solution)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Quote Originally Posted by Aeromotive FAQ - EFI Regulators
    Note: Even though the needle is moving up & down, fuel line pressure is NOT actually changing, the pressure in the gauge case just makes it look like it is.
    The note would be for a gauge not the Holley sensor, so the pressure must actually be changing. Only changing factors is the fuel temperature, engine bay temperature or the actual temperature of the regulator.

Quote Originally Posted by micktempe View Post
    The note would be for a gauge not the Holley sensor, so the pressure must actually be changing.
    I know, that's what I stated in post #2.

Only changing factors is the fuel temperature, engine bay temperature or the actual temperature of the regulator.
    I don't know what wrong, but my Holley EFI fuel pressure transducer works perfectly.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

I'll speak to Aeromotive, maybe have to replace my fuel pressure regulator.