Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Setting Fuel Pressure

Default Setting Fuel Pressure

I've been reading the instruction manual over and over and I don't see where, when and how to set the pressure for this system. I see what the pressure is to be set at but there really is no instructions covering it and I want to do this right. I've got no experience when it comes setting up this type fuel system having never used an electric pump and regulator so this is going to be totally new for me when I start on this. I have everything to get started on this EFI conversion and I want to cover all my bases, so what's the proper way for me to do this Danny? Thanks for any help and tips.

Ensure the fuel pressure is properly adjusted and the "Actual System Pressure" (Terminator - "Fuel Pres") is accurately entered in Engine Parameters.
    With TBI, the Actual System Pressure is measured anytime engine is running (no vacuum reference hose), or key-on/engine-off pump running.
    With MPFI, the Actual System Pressure is measured with the vacuum reference hose temporarily disconnected, or key-on/engine-off pump running.

http://documents.holley.com/199r10653rev5doc.pdf (Terminator EFI - section 31.2, page 29)
    https://www.vaporworx.com/documentat...re-regulators/ (Vacuum Referenced Fuel Pressure Regulators)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

Thanks for the reply. I've been away for a while and finally got around to reading this. If I set it by turning the key to the on position without starting, it will run the pump for about 3-5 seconds. When the pump stops running, will that be the point I can set the pressure? Sorry if this sounds stupid, but this all new to me and I want to do it right. I also want to understand this technology as I learn. I've been conversing through posts on another website, with a guy who has put it on his 3rd Gen Firebird, and he has given me lots of tips and advice when it comes to putting this system on these cars. I'm using a stock new fuel tank, Bosch internal pump, along with new sending/pickup assembly to hook up to my fuel lines. This pump will max pressure to 60 psi, so it will be fine at the 43 psi this system requires.

Quote Originally Posted by Chetter'sZ View Post
    If I set it by turning the key to the on position without starting, it will run the pump for about 3-5 seconds. When the pump stops running, will that be the point I can set the pressure?
    No, you can't set the base fuel pressure (by adjusting the fuel pressure regulator) with the fuel pump off. You can either check the adjustment during the five second "Fuel Pump Prime" time (in Engine Parameters), or temporarily jumper wire the system relay (terminals #30 & #87), so the pump runs continuously (so you have time to adjust it).
    https://forums.holley.com/showthread...7668#post87668 ("Test Relay" for troubleshooting/diagnosis.)

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

To confirm, running a Holley Terminator TBI (550-405) on a turbo setup; should I have a boost referenced fuel regulator with vacuum/boost line connected? Fuel system pressure 43 psi, running 7 psi boost. The vacuum line is connected to the charge hat above/before the TBI system.
    Last edited by micktempe; 12-04-2017 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by micktempe View Post
    To confirm, running a Holley Terminator TBI (550-405) on a turbo setup; should I have a boost referenced fuel regulator with vacuum/boost line connected?
    Yes, but fuel pressure is set with key-on/engine-off. See post #4.

What's the problem of setting the fuel pressure with the engine running (vacuum reference hose temporarily disconnected)?

That's fine, but a "tuned" engine won't run right with the vacuum reference hose temporarily disconnected. Also, if the engine is at normal operating temperature, it will skew the Learn Table.

I say disconnect the hose, set the pressure, and connect the hose again. No more than 30 seconds to 1 minute. I bought the pressure sensor recently. My engine runs well, but I forgot to connect the vacuum reference hose and never checked the fuel pressure. The Learning was completed at 16%. Is it necessary to restart Learning? How do I do it without deleting the current setting?

Quote Originally Posted by madmax2 View Post
    ...but I forgot to connect the vacuum reference hose and never checked the fuel pressure.
    See post #2.

The Learning was completed at 16%. Is it necessary to restart Learning?
    No.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast