Thread: 10 lb Bottle Bracket Question

Default 10 lb Bottle Bracket Question

I have an older 10 lb bottle that has a diameter of 6.25".
    What brackets do I use; 14120NOS, which is 6.75"?

Also, can I get a replacement label for this bottle?
    Thank you. Bruce

You'll probably have to call Holley Tech for these answers. If so, post what you find out.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

I did a lot of searching and couldn't find a bracket for a 6-1/4" diameter 10lb bottle, So...I made them with some scrap metal we have here in our lab.

I cut 1-1/4" straps and formed them in our rolls. Next I made the bases and bent the material on our break.

Then had my coworker TIG weld the straps to the bases, I drilled holes for the bolts and now they are being painted and I'm done.

Took about an hour.

Seems like you did a nice job fabricating the bottle brackets.
    If you get an answer on the replacement bottle label, let us know.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, 11:1 comp ratio, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, Spal dual 12" fans/aluminum radiator, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, Moroso vacuum pump, Accusump, engine oil & trans fluid coolers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2500 RPM converter, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, traction bars, 4" Skyjacker lift, 35" mud tires

I tried calling the tech line and got tired of waiting after 15 minutes.
    So I posted a question on a racing site about NOS labels, and got this link to a label company that makes them.
    Here it is: http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-lb-NOS-NI...09fc95&vxp=mtr

Quote Originally Posted by bruce69camaro View Post
    So I posted a question on a racing site about NOS labels, and got this link to a label company that makes them.
    Here it is: http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-lb-NOS-NI...09fc95&vxp=mtr
    Wow! That's a counterfeit/fraudulent NOS bottle label.
    http://www.holley.com/data/Products/.../199R10298.pdf (NOS Label)

If you want a legitimate NOS label, contact NOS.
    http://www.holley.com/Corporate/Contact.asp (Phone)
    http://www.holley.com/TechService/TechRequest.asp (Email)

Thank you, I just sent off a message.

I was in contact with NOS, and they can supply a new label. But because of the age of my bottle, they want it to be hydro tested, and send them the results before they issue me a new label. I need to see how much that procedure costs verses the price of a new bottle, but at least I know I can get a new label. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce69camaro View Post
    I need to see how much that procedure costs verses the price of a new bottle, but at least I know I can get a new label.
    The N2O bottle recertification fee is about $30, and must be done every five years (for aluminum bottles).