Thread: Terminator TBI with a Holley HP ECU?

Default Terminator TBI with a Holley HP ECU?

I have a car with a Holley HP TBI system on a Roots blown engine. Is a Terminator TBI compatible with my existing HP ECU? I realize I would need a new wiring harness, anything else? Thanks, Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Larry R View Post
    Is a Terminator TBI compatible with my existing HP ECU?
    Yes, the Terminator EFI uses the same ECU as the Avenger/HP EFI, and it can be upgraded to an HP EFI simply by connecting a laptop computer (USB cable).

The supplied (LS1) 1 bar MAP sensor (naturally aspirated) is attached to the side of the throttle body. This location is fine for a 2 bar or higher MAP sensor, on a blow-through application; but if a Roots type blower (draw-through supercharger application) is used, you'll need to abandon the existing MAP sensor location and connect a 2 bar or higher MAP sensor hose to the bottom side of the blower (boost).

Another aspect to consider is the 250-600 horsepower rating (naturally aspirated).
    With forced induction, the maximum rating is 500
    horsepower due to the increased BSFC.
    It won't support big power levels.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Thanks. My peak horsepower will be at or slightly below 500 HP. Is the Terminator throttle body and the necessary wiring harness to connect my HP ECU to the Terminator available? In a quick search all I could find was the complete system. Also, I have Holley a two bar MAP sensor with my HP system, would that work with the Terminator?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry R View Post
    Is the Terminator throttle body and the necessary wiring harness to connect my HP ECU to the Terminator available?
    Yes, the Terminator throttle body, TBI harness & EFI main harness is available separately:
    https://www.holley.com/products/fuel...service_parts/ (Terminator TBI Accessories)
    Personally, for the additional $1200 TBI upgrade, I'd spend it on a multi-port fuel injection conversion. (Link)

Also, I have Holley a two bar MAP sensor with my HP system, would that work with the Terminator?
    Yes, but not on the Terminator throttle body unit, because it uses a different MAP sensor.
    It doesn't matter anyway, because you have a Roots blower, which can't measure kPa from the throttle body. (See post #2.)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS TW 11R 205 heads, 11.8:1 comp, TFS R-Series intake, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 160A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/2800 RPM converter, M4602G aluminum driveshaft, FRPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 tires.

Thank you for the information.