Thread: Holley 4776-S / 2690

Rollbar Guest

Default Holley 4776-S / 2690

I have a 600 series and just trying to finish my Jeep build. The previous owner had this carb mounted on a Edelbrock SP-2 intake on a 1974 AMC-360.

I'm just getting ready to fire it up and the rear bowl is or seems like it is flooding into the secondaries. I loosened the lock nut and the screw is all the way clockwise/tight.

I'm thinking the needle seat or .....

The carb has been sitting for a few yrs during my build.

Is there a easy fix, or do I need to rebuild the carb.

Thanks,
    Jim

dahondaboy Guest

your float is definitly too high

rickyr Guest

Hi,
    the screw is the lock the nut is the adjuster
    To adjust the fuel level
    you will need to take out the sight plug in the side of the fuel bowl
    and with it running
    loosen the lock screw on top of the fuel bowl
    and turn the nut clockwise to lower the level
    or counter clockwise to bring up the level
    you want it to be at the bottom of the sight hole
    If you turned it too far down it might have bent the tang on the float.
    to get back to a starting place, you will need to take out the lock screw and turn the nut so the needle & seat is 1/2 wat through the thickness of the nut then put the screw back in,
    then take the fuel bowl off and hold it upside down & level
    then bend the tang on the float so the float is level in the center of the fuel bowl.
    this will get you back to a starting place.
    Last edited by rickyr; 03-30-2011 at 12:29 PM.