Thread: Terminator with Plate N2O

Default Terminator with Plate N2O

I know the Terminator is limited to 600 HP or so. Say you have a 500-525 HP engine, could you add on a 100-200 HP N2O plate system under the TB? If you could do it, how would you go about this? Separate fuel pump or larger one with regulator for N2O? Could you tune it to do this? Or a dry system maybe 100 HP and bump fuel pressure?

Quote Originally Posted by htwheelz67 View Post
    I know the Terminator is limited to 600 HP or so. Say you have a 500-525 HP engine, could you add on a 100-200 HP N2O plate system under the TB?
    No. The engine would have to produce a maximum of 500 naturally aspirated HP, in order to use a 100 HP shot of dry N2O.
    A 200 HP shot of N2O would require increasing the fuel system pressure (see last paragraph), or using a wet N2O kit.
    Of course, a wet N2O kit operates independently of the Terminator throttle body. As long as the fuel pump is capable.
    FYI: Most N2O wet kits are jetted at carburetor fuel pressure, so have the N2O system flowed (calibrated) if using 43 psi.
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....=2122#post2122 (Good Post - Holley Tech)

If you could do it, how would you go about this? Separate fuel pump or larger one with regulator for N2O?
    I prefer dry N2O kits. All Holley EFI systems can control wet or dry N2O.
    If using a wet N2O kit, follow their fuel plumbing instructions.
    Only one fuel pump is necessary for a 100-200 HP shot of N2O.

Could you tune it to do this? Or a dry system maybe 100 HP and bump fuel pressure?
    Holley EFI states the Terminator's fuel pressure can be safely increased to 60 psi (from 43 psi).
    Increasing the fuel pressure is only an option, if the injector pulse-width isn't too low to idle well.
    Using my EFI calculator, this 17 psi increase in fuel pressure will support an additional 115 horsepower (90% duty cycle).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

What kind of placement would be implemented if using a DRY kit? Where & how would the nitrous be injected? A single nozzle, individual port (a nozzle in each intake runner), before the throttle body? After? I'm interested in using a nitrous kit (about 150 shot) but I'm kind of unclear as to what kind of kits to look at. Having always used carbs, I'm mainly familiar with plate systems. But from the sounds of it, the Terminator system will support more HP when using a DRY kit. Plus, I like the fact that the ECU will control all functions.

Quote Originally Posted by ehkohler View Post
    What kind of placement would be implemented if using a DRY kit? Where & how would the nitrous be injected? A single nozzle, individual port (a nozzle in each intake runner), before the throttle body? After?
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...31C48608A2E1F1 (NOS Technical Videos)

But from the sounds of it, the Terminator system will support more HP when using a DRY kit.
    That's not true. The engine still needs to supply enough fuel, regardless if it's a wet or dry N2O system.
    If you're already near the Terminator's power limit, do not increase fuel pressure, just to add N2O.
    The fuel system still has to be capable of supplying the fuel (fuel pump, plumbing size, etc.).
    Increasing fuel pressure, decreases fuel system volume. The fuel system must be capable.

This is why electric fuel pumps have 2 or 3 flow/HP ratings; carbureted (higher) & EFI (lower).
    Example: https://www.holley.com/products/fuel...s/parts/12-700 (Carb - 900 HP, EFI - 700 HP)
    In this example, the 12-700 pump flows 75 GPH @ 8 psi, 57 GPH @ 43 psi, and 47 GPH @ 60 psi.

Also, some fuel components (such as injectors) have two ratings; N/A & boosted due to the change in BSFC.
    https://www.holley.com/document/tech...l_injector.pdf (Proper Fuel Injector Selection With BSFC Guidelines)

Plus, I like the fact that the ECU will control all functions.
    Correct, the Holley EFI ECU can control all the N20 functions (wet, dry, plate, direct-port, progressive, multiple stages, etc.).
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385" SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, TFS T/W 11R 205 heads, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, 12:1 C/R, TFS R-Series FTI ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Dominator MPFI & DIS, 36-1 crank trigger/1x cam sync, 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, A/C, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, Spal dual 12" fans/3-core Frostbite aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust/off-road X-pipe/shorty headers, -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH pump, S&W subframe connectors, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD/3000 RPM converter, B&M Hammer shifter, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Thanks Danny. My setup has room to grow. I can probably spray a 100-125 HP shot, and be within the EFI system's limits. My fuel system is pretty stout. It consists of an Aeromotive A-1000 return style system, with a -10AN feed (downsized to a -6 for the throttle body inlet), and -8AN return with a Holley EFI regulator. I'm gonna review the links you posted now. Thanks again!!

OK, I know this is an old thread. But I'm getting ready to install a motor that is rated at 540 HP. I want to run a 150 shot of nitrous on a plate system. This is the system: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/nex-60041-10 The car is already setup for a wet system. It has a separate fuel system for the nitrous. I'm curious, as having EFI is totally new to me, how would you calibrate or jet to match the EFI 43 psi? I know my fuel pump for the N2O system is 7 psi (Holley billet electric). If this is a dumb question, I apologize. Any input is very much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by brutusvk View Post
    I'm curious, as having EFI is totally new to me, how would you calibrate or jet to match the EFI 43 psi? I know my fuel pump for the N2O system is 7 psi (Holley billet electric).
    Your (7 psi) wet N2O system isn't calibrated to the (43 psi) EFI system; it functions completely separate of the EFI system.

So would I have to do anything to the nitrous system? Or would it simply function as a separate stand alone system?

If the nitrous system is OK as is, would I need to do anything to the EFI? I do not currently use the ECU of the EFI to control timing.

I have the MSD 6AL2 programmable box that can retard timing for the N2O already.

Quote Originally Posted by brutusvk View Post
    So would I have to do anything to the nitrous system?
    Not if it's calibrated as a 7 psi wet N2O system. I highly suggest you educate yourself about N2O use, before spraying your engine.

Or would it simply function as a separate stand alone system?
    Yes.

If the nitrous system is OK as is, would I need to do anything to the EFI? I do not currently use the ECU of the EFI to control timing.
    No.

I have the MSD 6AL2 programmable box that can retard timing for the N2O already.
    You'll have to use it, since your EFI system is not an ECU controlled timing application.

Had many years of nitrous experience with carbs. Had several multistage systems. But that was before computer controls were the norm.
    Have never had a retrofit EFI system though. Was not sure how to use them together. The motor does not need a big shot, thus only a 150 was the plan.

The motor is built with quality parts including forged crank, rods and pistons. The roller cam is a cam suited for the bottle too.

I will have the car dyno tuned before it's raced. I have a tuner that works on my supercharged 370z already. Thanks for the info.