Received 2nd pair of used & damaged Super Comp Titanium Ceramic Headers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tonydmm2
    • Jun 2018

Received 2nd pair of used & damaged Super Comp Titanium Ceramic Headers?

I just received my 2nd pair of used & damaged Super Comp Headers, 1 3/4" '67 mustang engine swap, ordered through Jegs & shipped directly from Hooker. I returned the first pair because they were all scratched up, the the ceramic coating was scratched down to the bare metal on the slip in pipes. Just received the 2nd pair today, noticed they were worse, where the drivers side slip on pipe has some deep teeth marks, probably from a pipe wrench that was used to remove it from the slip on fitting, but I decided to install them anyways, as our 408W is ready. The passenger side already had the slip-in pipe installed and it's solid as a rock, but the drivers side slip on fitting is loose as a goose, obviously damaged when it was removed with the pipe wrench. I called Jegs and they agreed to another return/exchange, but what's to prevent me from getting another used & damaged pair. For $1000 I'm expecting them to be new and undamaged! If Hooker can overnight me a brand new drivers side header that would be great, I'll keep the passenger side, since it's already installed.

Attached Files
    Last edited by tonydmm2; 09-19-2018, 10:20 PM.
  • Danny Cabral
    Administrator
    • Dec 2009

Call Hooker Tech Service (LINK).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385"/6.3L SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, Eagle 3.470" forged steel crankshaft & H-beam rods, Wiseco 4.200" forged pistons, Trick Flow Twisted Wedge 11R 205 CNC Comp Ported heads, 12:1 compression ratio, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA H/R camshaft, Trick Flow R-Series FTI Comp Ported intake, BBK 80mm throttle body, Holley Dominator MPFI & DIS, Holley 36-1 crank trigger, MSD 1x cam sync, PA PMGR starter, PA 200A 3G alternator, Optima 34/78 Red battery, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, R134a A/C, Spal Dual 12" HP 3168 CFM fans, Frostbite 3-core aluminum radiator, Pypes SS dual 2.5" exhaust, SS off-road X-pipe, SS shorty headers, OEM smog pump converted vacuum pump, Earl's -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH in-tank pump & Pro-M -6AN hanger, S&W subframe connectors, BMR upper & lower torque box reinforcements, highly modified Ford 4R70W transmission, FTI 9.5"/3000 stall/triple disc TCC, B&M Hammer shifter, Stifflers trans crossmember & driveshaft safety loop, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.73 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Comment

• tonydmm2
      • Jun 2018

I called Jegs twice, the first time Courtney just set up another return and blew me off where she agreed to call hooker and expedite a third set and have them shipped ASAP! The next day Karen at jegs said all courtney did was setup another return, Karen tried to do the same, I insisted that she conference in Hooker customer service, and she grudgingly called a hooker tech instead. The hooker tech Dustin insisted that there is no possibly way that a used set of headers was shipped to me once, let alone twice, with his condescending attitude. I forced him to agree to look at my video and photos. Afterwards, Dustin emailed me back and said the product manager has personally inspected another set and found them to be in good shape. I responded and asked if they were brand new, Dustin responded with the same lie, "THERE IS NO WAY A USED SET OF HEADERS WAS SHIPPED TO YOU". I told him he's insulting my intelligence with his refusal to acknowledge this!
      Last edited by tonydmm2; 09-26-2018, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• tonydmm2
        • Jun 2018

Received the 3rd pair today, they are totally unusable. The flanges won't line up on either side. I might be able to heat & bend the one side, but the other side the slip pipe is almost 1 inch too short, I'd have to lengthen it to make it work. So much for the product manager personally inspecting them. I should have kept the first pair and just bought some VHT ceramic coating to touch up the scratches, but for $1000 headers, I shouldn't have to do that.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by tonydmm2; 09-29-2018, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X