Can't Read CAN Bus, BMW Z4M MSS70 ECU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Read CAN Bus, BMW Z4M MSS70 ECU

Hi. I bought a LQ3S Street Dash a while back, and the last two days have been complete crap. The only thing I can get to show on the dash is the Battery Voltage.

I have pin 1 and pin 26 connected to positive and ground and I've got pin 17 connected to CANHI and pin 25 connected to CANLO. That should be enough right?

When I connect the Racepak2 software and plug in the USB cable to setup RPM, no mater if I choose the engine or the ECU channel (0x750), it shows absolutely nothing, same with oil PX (0x752), they are just two of the ones I need, but figured I'd try and get those working first.

Is there anyway to reset the Racepak back to when I first got it? Any hints on showing RPM?

Vanne, please don't type your posts like you're texting. It takes me a long time to edit it. At least use Spell Check before posting. Also, don't use profanity in your posts. It's against the Holley forum rules, which you agreed to when you registered your membership. It's also the reason why your post required moderation. http://forums.holley.com/showthread....mber-Agreement (Member Agreement & Terms Of Service)​
    Contact Racepak Tech Service (LINK).​
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385"/6.3L SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, forged steel crankshaft & H-beam rods, forged pistons, Trick Flow Twisted Wedge 11R 205 CNC Comp Ported heads, 12:1 compression ratio, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA camshaft, TFS R-Series FTI Comp Ported intake, BBK 80mm throttle body, Holley Dominator MPFI & DIS, Holley 36-1 crank trigger, MSD 1x cam sync, PA PMGR starter, PA 200A 3G alternator, Optima 34/78 Red battery, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, R134a A/C, Spal Dual 12" HP 3168 CFM fans, Frostbite 3-core aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust, off-road X-pipe, shorty headers, Earl's -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH in-tank pump & Pro-M -6AN hanger, S&W subframe connectors, BMR upper & lower torque box reinforcements, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio Ford AOD, 10" 3000 RPM C6 billet converter, B&M Hammer shifter, Stifflers transmission crossmember & driveshaft safety loop, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Comment

G'day Danny! No worries, I'll try and cleanup my act a bit. Thanks for editing. Cheers, Vanne.

Comment

Just spent the whole day trying to figure out what's going on here. I have a few questions.

1) The software keys from the USB stick, are they required to be installed for the IQ3S Dash? I've tried to install them, but the program says no valid file found on the USB stick.

2) The IQ3S Dash should be able to accept directly CAN Bus High & Low? Without the need for this Part #280-CA-EFICAN? Which is the ECU cable to the back of the Racepak Dash?

Pretty sure I don't need that as I have access to CAN Bus High/Low from the back of my original car dash.

3) When using CAN Bus High/Low, what pull down function should I be using in the Racepak software? Engine? Or ECU? (To display RPM.)
        Thanks guys.

Comment

Wow, I gotta say, completely rubbish Racepak tech support. I finally answered my own questions, but to be completely honest, I won't be able to recommend Racepak to any of my customers. Completely non-existent tech support. Great product, rubbish after sale service/support.

Comment

Working...
          X