HyperSpark won't stop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HyperSpark won't stop.

Just installed HyperSpark distributor coil and CDI box to work with my Holley 2300 EFI, but the engine won't shutdown when you turn the key off. The red & pink wires from ignition are still carrying 7 volts for some reason. Only way to stop it is to pull fuse from fuel pump positive wire. Is this some type of earthing issue?

Sniper EFI: You need keyed/switched power that's 12V when turned on, and 0V when turned off.
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385"/6.3L SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, forged steel crankshaft & H-beam rods, forged pistons, Trick Flow Twisted Wedge 11R 205 CNC Comp Ported heads, 12:1 compression ratio, 232-244 duration/.623" lift/114 LSA camshaft, TFS R-Series FTI Comp Ported intake, BBK 80mm throttle body, Holley Dominator MPFI & DIS, Holley 36-1 crank trigger, MSD 1x cam sync, PA PMGR starter, PA 200A 3G alternator, Optima 34/78 Red battery, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, R134a A/C, Spal Dual 12" HP 3168 CFM fans, Frostbite 3-core aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust, off-road X-pipe, shorty headers, Earl's -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH in-tank pump & Pro-M -6AN hanger, S&W subframe connectors, BMR upper & lower torque box reinforcements, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD, 3000 RPM C6 converter, B&M Hammer shifter, Stifflers transmission crossmember & driveshaft safety loop, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Comment

Once you short out the ignition it goes back to 0 volts, just seems to be back feeding the 7 volts from somewhere and that's why I thought it may be a ground issue stopping the fuel relay from closing properly. I've changed relays and added extra grounds to the Sniper unit and coil, but this hasn't helped. All main power​ feeds arnd earths are to the battery and the red & red/pink activation wires run to the ignition switch which has 12 volts when switched on & cranking.

Comment

Working...
      X