Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• andrewb70
    replied
    I have experience with the GM offerings, but almost all OEMs are using these types of fans. For your radiator size, I'd look at the C7 Corvette single fan. It's a large single and is rated at 600 watts. Andrew

Leave a comment:

• Red67
    replied
    1967 Mustang, small block, manual transmission.
    Iím not familiar with a brushless fan with a PWM control built-in. Can you point me in the direction of a make/model to research?
    BTW, I believe it might have been your YouTube video that gave me the idea for the C6 fan control, thanks for that!

Leave a comment:

• andrewb70
    replied
    If you're going to switch fans, the best option is to get a modern brushless fan that has the controller built-in. What kind of car is this? Andrew

Leave a comment:

• Red67
    replied
    Currently the equivalent of a 16" SPAL electric fan, controlled by a PWM Output from my Holley HP EFI (low voltage) run through a C6 Corvette fan controller to produce the high current PWM power to run the fans at varying speeds. The Corvette controller gets very hot (too hot to touch) so hoping to replace it soon with something more robust, especially since I'm planning to upgrade to a dual fan setup and expect thatíll draw more current. I'm also wondering if the Haltech HT-030202 would be appropriate. Any suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• andrewb70
    replied
    That relay isnít meant for doing what youíre trying to do. Which electric fans are you using? Andrew

Leave a comment:

• Red67
    started a topic PWM Input Solid State Cooling Fan Control

PWM Input Solid State Cooling Fan Control

Regarding the MSD #7564-HC. Would this device accept the PWM signal from my Holley ECU and in response to that low amperage control signal, provide a high amperage PWM Output to run the radiator cooling fans at the commanded speeds? The instructions indicate it has that functionality, but only within a duty cycle range from 50% to 90% and more critically: A maximum PWM operating time of 30 minutes. Since I do intend to drive my car for more than 30 minutes at a time, I'm assuming that makes the MSD #7564-HC an unsuitable choice for this application?

Am I reading this correctly, and if so, does Holley (or any of their brands) make such a PWM control device? Thanks!
Working...
X