Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Terminator X MAX support LT4? Conflicting information!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Terminator X MAX support LT4? Conflicting information!

I have a brand new, 2018+ GM Gen V 3-pin LT4 dry sump crate engine. I'm going to be at a point in my project where I need an ECU & harness.

The factory GM ECU and harness are backordered and aren't expected to be available until November 2022, if not longer (it's already been six months I've been trying to order one).

My question is, will this ECU & harness work? I don't need it as a transmission controller, I'll be using a manual gear box.

There's so much conflicting information about using this on an LT4 due to the VVT. Anyone actually using this on an LT4 and can confirm that it works? Thanks in advance.

Contact Holley Tech Service (LINK).
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385"/6.3L SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, forged steel crank & rods, forged pistons, Trick Flow T/W 11R 205 CNC comp ported heads, 12:1 comp ratio, 232-244 duration/.623" lift/114 LSA camshaft, TFS R-Series FTI comp ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Holley Dominator MPFI & DIS, Holley 36-1 crank trigger, MSD 1x cam sync, PA PMGR starter, PA 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, R134a A/C, Spal dual 12" fans, Frostbite 3-core aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust, off-road X-pipe, shorty headers, Earl's -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH in-tank pump & Pro-M -6AN hanger, S&W subframe connectors, BMR upper & lower torque box reinforcements, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD, 3000 RPM C6 converter, B&M Hammer shifter, Stifflers transmission crossmember & driveshaft safety loop, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Comment

Took Danny's advice and went straight to the source.

I called Holley and learned that they DO NOT support the Gen V LT4 or LT5 with the Terminator X or MAX ECUs. This is not due to the VVT that these engines have, it's due to the high pressure fuel rail system that is driven off the extra camshaft lobe. He did say that some folks have had some success with a lot of tuning, but didn't recommend using it.

So, there you go. Hopefully anyone that has this same question in the future will have the answer they are looking for. Back to waiting for GM to get their stuff together.

Comment

Mike Finnegan has it working on his truck project, but I do recall a lot of tuning being needed, which honestly, almost all combinations need. Andrew
        Instagram: @projectgattago
        Offering remote Holley EFI tuning.
        I deliver what EFI promises.
        Please get in touch if I can be of service.

Comment

Working...
        X