Terminator X Doesn't Prime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminator X Doesn't Prime

My Terminator X doesn't prime the engine at key on. The fuel pump runs, the prime is checked and set at 150%. The plugs are dry and I do not hear the injectors fire. If I crank the engine long enough, very long, it will start and runs very well. It runs at full throttle very well, and Closed Loop & Learn is working. AFR at idle is 13.9 approximately. I'm trying to figure out where the prime engine signal comes from and if I missed a connection. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Tom

Ensure the Switched +12V red/white wire is powered in the "Run" and "Crank" key positions. Read section #2 for more info:
    http://forums.holley.com/showthread....9623#post69623 (System Relay & Injector Wiring Troubleshooting)
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385"/6.3L SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, forged steel crank & rods, forged pistons, Trick Flow T/W 11R 205 CNC comp ported heads, 12:1 comp ratio, 232-244 duration/.623" lift/114 LSA camshaft, TFS R-Series FTI comp ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Holley Dominator MPFI & DIS, Holley 36-1 crank trigger, MSD 1x cam sync, PA PMGR starter, PA 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, R134a A/C, Spal dual 12" fans, Frostbite 3-core aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust, off-road X-pipe, shorty headers, Earl's -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH in-tank pump & Pro-M -6AN hanger, S&W subframe connectors, BMR upper & lower torque box reinforcements, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD, 3000 RPM C6 converter, B&M Hammer shifter, Stifflers transmission crossmember & driveshaft safety loop, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Comment

I checked the +12V red/white wire and it has +12V at both Run & Crank. On checking the fuel pressure at the valve, before the regulator it reads 30 psi while the pump is running and drops to zero as soon as the pumps shuts off (5 seconds).
      I have an older 155 LPH Holley. The install guide states 255 LPH is needed. Can this be the problem?

Comment

If the 155 LPH is working, it will provide enough fuel to run the engine.
        The low psi is an indicator of a couple possible problems.
        1. The pump itself is toast.
        2. The connector hose to the hanger is ruptured, or the clamps are loose.
        The 155 LPH should have a check valve to prevent immediate pressure loss.
        What fuel pressure regulator are you using?
        Injector Inspector
        USAF 1960-1964
        Drag racing since 1955

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to pull the pump out this weekend and check the hoses and filters. I have a 255 LPH TI automotive pump that I'll try. I have an Aeromotive fuel regulator and BBK fuel rails. Thanks again for the info.

Comment

I installed the new pump over the weekend. Pressure went to and adjusted to 43 psi. Car started on the second crank. Did not leave the garage, too must rain. The pump must have been the problem. Thanks again for the replies.

Comment

Working...
            X