No announcement yet.

Giving up on Terminator EFI.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See post # 11 and contact Andrewb70. I think your engine/GCF (Global Configuration File) needs to be "TUNED".
    May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
    '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385"/6.3L SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, forged steel crankshaft & H-beam rods, forged pistons, Trick Flow Twisted Wedge 11R 205 CNC Comp Ported heads, 12:1 compression ratio, 232-244 duration/.623" lift/114 LSA camshaft, TFS R-Series FTI Comp Ported intake, BBK 80mm throttle body, Holley Dominator MPFI & DIS, Holley 36-1 crank trigger, MSD 1x cam sync, PA PMGR starter, PA 200A 3G alternator, Optima 34/78 Red battery, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, R134a A/C, Spal Dual 12" HP 3168 CFM fans, Frostbite 3-core aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust, off-road X-pipe, shorty headers, Earl's -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH in-tank pump & Pro-M -6AN hanger, S&W subframe connectors, BMR upper & lower torque box reinforcements, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD, 3000 RPM C6 converter, B&M Hammer shifter, Stifflers transmission crossmember & driveshaft safety loop, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Comment

ericf.patriot: Look at your Acceleration Enrichment tables. When I glanced at your tune I definitely saw some funny stuff. Andrew
      Instagram: @projectgattago
      Offering remote Holley EFI tuning.
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

Comment

Try this file. Datalog what it does. We want to see if these changes, change the way it acts.
        Attached Files

Comment

I did update to V6 and reflash the ECU, just in case something in there was messed up as well and I converted the V4 file that you sent me to try. I took it for a drive this morning and the truck ran even worse than before. Learn percentages were up near 80%, and the truck hesitated and backfired when I tried to give it any throttle amount above 50%. I datalogged three different events, hopefully that will give an indicator as to where I need to go from here. I looked at my engine build specs last night and saw that my camshaft was 212/222 Duration @ .050”. Should I be selecting the next higher level base tune? Just wondering if that could be causing some issues.
          Attached Files

Comment

When you post a datalog always post your Global File to go with it. I wasn't expecting it to run good, all I wanted to do was make it run different to show you your problem is in your tune. You now have to look at your Acceleration Enrichment fuel (TPS Rate of Change) and the area of the fuel map it goes into when you go to WOT from an idle. It looks like you have a really tight torque convertor which makes tuning this harder. With a higher stall convertor it will flash past this area. It might be worth contacting Andrew to help get you going in the right direction.

Comment

So nobody wants to provide any actual help, they just want to show me that this system requires a tuning expert to get setup properly. Thanks for giving me a tune that barely got me back home, a heads up would've been nice. Conveniently, I've messaged quite a few people and found that this is everybody's frustration with the "self-tuning ECU means you don't have to be a computer/tuning wiz to have EFI!" and "Virtually maintenance free - keeps your vehicle reliable and ready to drive" fuel injection systems from Holley. If these comments were true, this forum wouldn't be filled with so many complaints and problems. I have a neighbor down the road that tried a Sniper system for two years and ended up going back to a carburetor in the end, even with a professional shop doing all the setup and tuning for him. No, if I want reliability, I think I'll just switch to a properly setup carburetor. My grandpa's truck never gave him any issues until he was sold on the lie of this fuel injection system...
              Last edited by ericf.patriot; 11-23-2022, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X