No announcement yet.

Bogs at launch 1st pass - then OK.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't use a 2-Step. My reaction time is a function of idle RPM at launch. 1600 RPM gives me a great reaction time, so that won't be changing.
    Yes, I'm pressing the throttle very quickly.
    I'll see if I can figure out what the AE Blanking numbers are and lower them.

Comment

Originally posted by RockinRobin View Post
      I'll see if I can figure out what the AE Blanking numbers are and lower them.
      Acceleration Enrichment tab, Fuel ICF of the Sniper EFI software (AE vs TPS RoC Blanking).
      May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
      '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385"/6.3L SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, Eagle forged steel crankshaft & H-beam rods, Wiseco forged pistons, Trick Flow Twisted Wedge 11R 205 CNC Comp Ported heads, 12:1 compression ratio, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA H/R camshaft, TFS R-Series FTI Comp Ported intake, BBK 80mm throttle body, Holley Dominator MPFI & DIS, Holley 36-1 crank trigger, MSD 1x cam sync, PA PMGR starter, PA 200A 3G alternator, Optima 34/78 Red battery, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, R134a A/C, Spal Dual 12" HP 3168 CFM fans, Frostbite 3-core aluminum radiator, Pypes SS dual 2.5" exhaust, SS off-road X-pipe, SS shorty headers, Earl's -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH in-tank pump & Pro-M -6AN hanger, S&W subframe connectors, BMR upper & lower torque box reinforcements, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio Ford AOD, 10" 3000 RPM C6 billet converter, B&M Hammer shifter, Stifflers transmission crossmember & driveshaft safety loop, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Comment

Found AE Blanking in both AE vs TPS RoC Blanking and AE vs MAP RoC Blanking. I would assume you lower one number at a time and test. Thanks!

Comment

You should only need to tune the AE vs TPS RoC Blanking value. You'll know if you went too low, because the Holley Sniper EFI will intermittently inhibit Closed Loop at idle, if the AE vs TPS/MAP RoC Blanking values are set too low (LINK).​
          '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385"/6.3L SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, Eagle forged steel crankshaft & H-beam rods, Wiseco forged pistons, Trick Flow Twisted Wedge 11R 205 CNC Comp Ported heads, 12:1 compression ratio, 232°-244° duration/.623" lift/114° LSA H/R camshaft, TFS R-Series FTI Comp Ported intake, BBK 80mm throttle body, Holley Dominator MPFI & DIS, Holley 36-1 crank trigger, MSD 1x cam sync, PA PMGR starter, PA 200A 3G alternator, Optima 34/78 Red battery, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, R134a A/C, Spal Dual 12" HP 3168 CFM fans, Frostbite 3-core aluminum radiator, Pypes SS dual 2.5" exhaust, SS off-road X-pipe, SS shorty headers, Earl's -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH in-tank pump & Pro-M -6AN hanger, S&W subframe connectors, BMR upper & lower torque box reinforcements, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio Ford AOD, 10" 3000 RPM C6 billet converter, B&M Hammer shifter, Stifflers transmission crossmember & driveshaft safety loop, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Comment

Test & Tune was rained out Friday, so I had to go with what was in there. I'll take it to Test & Tune this Friday and try changing the AE vs TPS RoC. Should I Transfer Learning to base? It was running pretty good at the track this weekend.

Comment

Should I Transfer Learning to base? It was running pretty good at the track this weekend.
              You only Transfer Learning To Base if you'll also blend the Fuel Graph smooth.
              Read 4th & 5th paragraphs, and view videos under 5th paragraph: http://forums.holley.com/showthread....2523#post62523 (Holley EFI Tuning Tips & Information)

Comment

Finally made it to a Test & Tune. Smoothed the Learn Table section that had changes on it and Transferred Learning To Base. Changed AE vs TPS RoC from 7.0 to 6.0. Car pulled a wheelie all the way through 1st gear and ran the fastest 60' & E.T. it's ever done! Then 30 minutes later, it did it again! Made a 3rd pass about 90 minutes after that and it was within .01 of the same E.T. I'm posting the Config File & datalog anyway just to see if anyone sees an area for improvement. If I want to lock down this Config File for racing, how would I go about doing that? Thanks!
                Attached Files

Comment

If I want to lock down this Config File for racing, how would I go about doing that?
                  Change the name of the Config File using the Save As utility.

Comment

And that will keep the Learn functions from changing it in the ECU? I thought I'd have to turn off Learn or something.

Comment

Yes, you'll have to manually disable Learning. I thought you meant how to save the Config File as a different name.

Comment

If you compare the datalogs, you'll see why it's significantly better. I'd touch it up by adding some fuel on the jump and after the initial Acceleration Enrichment. You'll notice around 6000 RPM, Closed Loop is adding about 10% and the AFR is slightly on the lean side for max power. When playing with something I'm looking to make significantly more power than the OEM was and using only one or two average sensing WBO2s, I error on the rich side. If you're seeing an average 13.2:1 AFR, you'll likely have one cylinder above 14:1 AFR. You will usually have to replace less parts if you average on the rich side of max power.

Comment

Originally posted by a b c View Post
                          If you're seeing an average 13.2:1 AFR, you'll likely have one cylinder above 14:1 AFR. You will usually have to replace less parts if you average on the rich side of max power.
                          Yes, especially with TBI. I once had a discussion about this with the Chief EFI Engineer at Holley, and he shared a document indicating how bad the TBI cylinder-to-cylinder AFR varies on test engines with eight WBO2 sensors. This was in comparison to FAST EZ-EFI (the worst TBI tested), and some cylinders were two AFR points difference! Higher quality intake manifolds did better, but still exhibited significant AFR differences. MPFI engines (with good quality intake manifolds) performed much better in respect to cylinder-to-cylinder AFR variances.

Comment

Thanks so much help from all of you, the car is now going down the track consistently. I went three rounds Sunday and was dead on dial the 1st two passes. Car idles well now. Only issue now is after 5000 RPM burnout it will not idle all the way down unless I blip the throttle a time or two. No big deal, I can live with that until I have some time between car weekends to remove the unit and reset the rear butterflies. I'd rather wait as long as I can to do that since it's running so well now. In 70°F temperatures the car is pulling a wheelie all the way to the tree and 60 foot is best it's ever been. I haven't had time to look at the Learn Table from last weekend's racing, I should get a chance this Saturday when I go racing again. MY HOBBY IS FINALLY FUN AGAIN! THANKS EVERYONE!
                            https://youtu.be/S_9QdjaYvKY
                            Last edited by RockinRobin; 03-28-2023, 10:39 AM.

Comment

If I want to lock down this Config File for racing, do I turn off Learn completely or Limit the Learn % to a small amount? Current Learn % is 40% in all cells.

Comment

No, when the engine is tuned & running well, you should decrease the Closed Loop and Learned Compensation Limits % to lock in a good tune.
                                I decreased my Learned Compensation Limits to 2% in the idle area (10% elsewhere). My Closed Loop Compensation Limits are 20% or less.
                                When the Learn Table values stop making significant changes, the ECU is finished self-tuning. You can then Transfer Learning To Base,
                                which then allows you to blend the Fuel Graph so it's smooth.
                                http://forums.holley.com/showthread....7370#post47370 (Learn Table - Read this thread, especially posts #2, #6 & #11.)​

Comment

Working...
                                X