Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Right primary venturi filling with fuel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right primary venturi filling with fuel.

Hello all. Recently removed my primary Sniper throttle body. I have a Sniper dual quad system. My unit was at Holley for a ECU firmware update.

When I put the unit back on the car I turned on the ignition to upload my tune file to the ECU and I noticed the right primary venturi was completely full of fuel. The other seven are fine.

Does anyone know what's going on with it? Stuck open injector? Thanks in advance for your help.

Either the injector is stuck open or the ECU is holding the injector open. Turn the fuel pump on without turning the ECU on to determine what is happening.

Comment

Thanks for the response. I'm using the Sniper harness with the integrated fuel pump harness. I should be able to leave the key off and jumper pump at the fuse or relay?

Comment

Yes, just jumper the relay.

Comment

Thanks, I was afraid I'd blow the ECU. I'll check later and post results.

Okay, I jumped the fuel pump and confirmed the injector is stuck open. I don't suppose I can remove and clean it? Otherwise does the Sniper use 100 lb/hr injectors and if so does anyone have a injector cross reference for a regular parts house? Are they Holley only? Thank you!

Comment

I'd contact Holley. I vaguely remember reading, that if you open up the unit it will void the warranty.

Comment

Contact Holley Tech Service (LINK).
              May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
              '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385"/6.3L SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, forged steel crankshaft & H-beam rods, forged pistons, Trick Flow Twisted Wedge 11R 205 CNC Comp Ported heads, 12:1 compression ratio, 232-244 duration/.623" lift/114 LSA camshaft, TFS R-Series FTI Comp Ported intake, BBK 80mm throttle body, Holley Dominator MPFI & DIS, Holley 36-1 crank trigger, MSD 1x cam sync, PA PMGR starter, PA 200A 3G alternator, Optima 34/78 Red battery, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, R134a A/C, Spal Dual 12" HP 3168 CFM fans, Frostbite 3-core aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust, off-road X-pipe, shorty headers, Earl's -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH in-tank pump & Pro-M -6AN hanger, S&W subframe connectors, BMR upper & lower torque box reinforcements, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD, 3000 RPM C6 converter, B&M Hammer shifter, Stifflers transmission crossmember & driveshaft safety loop, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Comment

Holley doesn't sell the replacement injectors last time I checked. They are LS3 style injectors. Parts stores will not have one near the CC you need, but in a pinch a 40 lb/hr injector will get it up and running without dumping fuel. The aftermarket suppliers can get you close to the original size on the CC rating and can sell you just one.
                There are part numbers listed on this forum somewhere. Maybe Danny can chime in with the links to the threads where the forum users have found suitable replacements, I will look and see if I can find it. Depending on your situation, if your not in a hurry, Holley will fix it. If your in a big hurry, like stuck out of town, take it out and match it up to an LS3 injector at a parts store. Any where in between, call EFI systems pro and see if they can sell you something close enough and or Google some aftermarket rebuilders/suppliers and they can take care of you with one injector. There's a chance you could have it cleaned and it may free up and live a long life.

Comment

Good news they can be bought separately at Jegs, Summit & Holley. See attachments. I really appreciate the help. Not in any hurry, but I hate it when my cars are down. I'm driving to Jegs tomorrow to pickup a couple of them. Only around $45.00. Hopefully, this will be the last of my Sniper gremlins. Thanks to all and happy Thanksgiving!
                  Attached Files

Comment

https://www.google.com/search?q=holl...id:atGljtX1HAE

Comment

And from EFI System Pro: https://www.efisystempro.com/sniper-...ctors-522-101x

Comment

Nice, good to know. Fuel Injector Clinic are the guys I was talking too when I wanted to go up in size. Here's another short reference video:
                        https://www.google.com/search?q=holl...id:izg8TT-ULvA
                        Found this also:
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA5KhXAf2eU
                        Last edited by a b c; 11-24-2022, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Picked up the injectors today. I bought an extra one to throw in trunk. Jegs is charging $50 each and Summit and Holley are at $45. Part number 522-101X. I'll be back in the shop tomorrow to install injector.

Comment

More problems, when I removed the right injector cover the bolts were really tight. I was concerned that I was wiping out the threads so I used some Kroil on them and worked them out going back and forth about an 1/8th of turn until I got them out.

Once out I noticed some thread locker on the bolts and just figured that's why they hard to get out.

However, upon reassembly I found the real problem. When the unit was put together the bolts were cross threaded. The bolts were binding up inside the holes of injector cover. I used a bottom tap to clean of the threads and slightly enlarged the holes in the cover. It worked but had to money with it for awhile. Also the bolts are 1/4-28s.

I was ready to get the hammer out so I called it a day. Back at it tomorrow.

Comment

Just wanted to report I got the car back up & running. The new injector solved the problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X