Fuel Pressure sensor Offset info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Pressure sensor Offset info.

I have a situation whereby my mechanical fuel gauge is reading 6 psi higher than my fuel pressure transducer (554-102). On the assumption that the mechanical gauge is correct (I have a new one arriving just to confirm), can I just use the fuel pressure sensor Offset in the EFI software to compensate? I found the manual a little lacking in detail as to what that option does.

FYI: Mechanical gauge is on the end of the LS1 fuel rail. Pressure gauge is teed off from an -AN fitting at the car bulkhead.

I would tend to trust the 554-102 before trusting a mechanical gauge. But yes, you can use the Offset to make the fuel pressure read the same as the gauge. Just remember, reliability is not the same as validity, in measurement terms. Andrew
    Instagram: @projectgattago
    Offering remote Holley EFI tuning.
    I deliver what EFI promises.
    Please get in touch if I can be of service.

Comment

http://forums.holley.com/showthread....2756#post32756 (Proper Transducer Installation Information)​
      May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
      '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385"/6.3L SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, forged steel crank & rods, forged pistons, Trick Flow T/W 11R 205 CNC comp ported heads, 12:1 comp ratio, 232-244 duration/.623" lift/114 LSA camshaft, TFS R-Series FTI comp ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Holley Dominator MPFI & DIS, Holley 36-1 crank trigger, MSD 1x cam sync, PA PMGR starter, PA 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, R134a A/C, Spal dual 12" fans, Frostbite 3-core aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust, off-road X-pipe, shorty headers, Earl's -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH in-tank pump & Pro-M -6AN hanger, S&W subframe connectors, BMR upper & lower torque box reinforcements, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD, 3000 RPM C6 converter, B&M Hammer shifter, Stifflers transmission crossmember & driveshaft safety loop, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewb70 View Post
        I would tend to trust the 554-102 before trusting a mechanical gauge. But yes, you can use the Offset to make the fuel pressure read the same as the gauge. Just remember, reliability is not the same as validity, in measurement terms. Andrew
        Thanks. I literally just finished fitting a new Turbosmart gauge and it now reads 58 psi, so it's still off by 2 psi in the other direction. As you say, looks like I may be best to trust the transducer.

Comment

A discrepancy or +/- 2 psi won't make that much difference in the long run. Andrew
          Instagram: @projectgattago
          Offering remote Holley EFI tuning.
          I deliver what EFI promises.
          Please get in touch if I can be of service.

Comment

Working...
          X