X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottie-GNZ
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    The Holley 543-34 LSx IAC motor is the only GM LSx IAC motor Holley sells. So it must be correct for a Holley EFI LSx main harness and GM LSx type throttle body. (It'd be nice if Srkelvin updated this thread.)
    Has there been any confirmation that the 543-34 is the correct IAC for the 92mm Sniper TB? Did the IAC PARKED test with the 543-105 and an HP and it does extend nor retract. Tested it again with a Terminator X and it did not work. Took the generic IAC that was being used with the Terminator X and tested it on the HP and it tested fine. So it would seem the 543-105 is either defective or needs pins swapped as previously mentioned. I would prefer to used the correct IAC, untouched. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Danny Cabral
    replied
    Any Holley EFI LSx main harness. The non-LSx Holley main harnesses use a different IAC motor.

Leave a comment:

• n2xlr8n
    replied
    Thank you, kind sir. I don't intend to be a nuisance, but when we say "a Holley EFI main harness", it includes the Terminator X Max (and any current Holley EFI) harnesses? Thank you for your time.

Leave a comment:

• Danny Cabral
    replied
    The Holley 543-34 LSx IAC motor is the only GM LSx IAC motor Holley sells. So it must be correct for a Holley EFI LSx main harness and GM LSx type throttle body. (It'd be nice if Srkelvin updated this thread.)

Leave a comment:

• n2xlr8n
    replied
    I think the Holley 543-34 LSx IAC motor is a direct bolt-on with correct wiring.
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but it would help if Holley would update their information.
    Has anyone verified that what Danny suspects is correct?
    My use case: Sniper 92mm TB, I need an IAC solenoid. I don't mind swapping wires around if need be.
    Fantastic forum you guys have here. Thanks for the information.

Leave a comment:

• Tots
    replied
    Then that Holley 860004 92mm Throttle Body webpage detail is wrong. It uses the Holley 543-34 LSx IAC motor.
    Read section 16: http://forums.holley.com/showthread....neral-IAC-Info (General IAC Information - Read "IAC NOTES")
    So if I repin according to the GM diagram of section 17 in the post you linked above, would that be the correct way to use a GM LSx IAC with the Sniper 92mm TB? I prefer to stay OEM sensors as much as possible. Iím running Terminator X. Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

Leave a comment:

• Srkelvin
    replied
    I'll do this to verify. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• andrewb70
    replied
    With the key in the on position, you can change the IAC Park Position from zero to 100% & back to make sure the IAC cycles through its range. You can do this before installing the IAC into the throttle body. Andrew

Leave a comment:

• Srkelvin
    replied
    543-34 is arriving tomorrow, hopefully it works this time. Good that I don't have to mess with switching wires, but I guess I'll find out when startup to see if it idles correctly.

Also question on the throttle body: The breather tube is pointing up. I see the design is to prevent it from interfering the throttle cable. Can that be moved? I tried twisting it but looks like it's press fitted. Kinda want to point it down a bit or maybe forward.

Leave a comment:

• Danny Cabral
    replied
    I think the Holley 543-34 LSx IAC motor is a direct bolt-on with correct wiring.

Leave a comment:

• Srkelvin
    replied
    Iím confused now. Did I have the correct IAC for my Holley 92mm? If I get the 543-34 LSx IAC, do I still need to swap the two wires? I also read one of the posts there saying I was supposed to Dremel one side of the mounting hole to fit. So which one do I use now? 543-105, enlarge hole, swap two wires? 543-34, direct bolt-on? Swap wires still?

Leave a comment:

• Danny Cabral
    replied
    Then that Holley 860004 92mm Throttle Body webpage detail is wrong. It uses the Holley 543-34 LSx IAC motor.
    Read section 16: http://forums.holley.com/showthread....neral-IAC-Info (General IAC Information - Read "IAC NOTES")

Leave a comment:

• Srkelvin
    replied
    I just received the Holley 543-105. It seems to fit better and the right size for the throttle body. However, one of the bolt does not line up. It was off, but about 1-2mm. I can only use one bolt to secure it, unless I enlarge the other hole. Is this normal?

Leave a comment:

• Danny Cabral
    replied
    You're welcome.

Leave a comment:

• Srkelvin
    replied
    Got it. Thank you. Let me buy the Holley IAC now and swap the two wires on my Terminator harness.
    That's probably why my factory IAC feels like it doesn't fit. Probably the bore is smaller on the Holley throttle body.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X