Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Erratic sensor readings on 5.7" display.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erratic sensor readings on 5.7" display.

Hello all. I finally was able to figure out how to post a video of my issue (hopefully it works). This will happen once in a blue moon and then just stop. It won't happen again for months and the car runs great then rears its ugly head out of the blue. This happens with the key just in the on position (when video was taken) or with the car running. The car also acts erratic when this happens while it's running, the fans turn on & off with the erratic readings, fuel pumps turn on & off and the idle gets crazy. I've had this issue when originally installing my system, but have change a few things since. Currently it's a Dominator EFI with V4 and with a 58x LSx harness and 5.7" TSLCD display. Previously it was an N/A big block with the MPFI harness. The harness was changed when going to LSx, battery changed, all new grounds plus added more, rerouted wires, and anything could think of that could remotely cause this. The only items that are the same since the beginning of the issue is the ECU, the display and the power harness. Has anyone seen this before? I'm trying to explain it the best I can so any help will be greatly appreciated, since I've only been in the EFI realm for four years. Thank you.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BigDwithaZ; 08-03-2022, 05:23 PM.

What version firmware is on the ECU? Andrew
    Instagram: @projectgattago
    Offering remote Holley EFI tuning.
    I deliver what EFI promises.
    Please get in touch if I can be of service.

Comment

Hi Andrew. Iím running V4 because of my display. If I upgrade I won't be able to use it. I'm looking into the 6.86" Pro Dash, but itís not in my budget yet. Dave

Comment

I understand. Those 5.7" TSLCD displays are old. I wouldn't be surprised if it's just past its life.
        Instagram: @projectgattago
        Offering remote Holley EFI tuning.
        I deliver what EFI promises.
        Please get in touch if I can be of service.

Comment

Yeah, I thought that too. My friend first had it in his car and never had an issue. He went to a 6.86" Pro Dash, so I bought it from him. Itís crazy because itís flawless for months, acts up for about 10 min then goes away. Saturday night is the first time it happened since the winter. I was out driving, pulled into a gas station and boom, the gremlin came back. When I plugged in my laptop to see if it was affecting other things it stopped. I know the laptop trumps the display so that might have been what happened.

Comment

https://forums.holley.com/forum/holl...2365#post82365 (Related Forum Post)
            May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.
            '92 Ford Mustang GT: 385"/6.3L SBF, Dart SHP 8.2 block, forged steel crank & rods, forged pistons, Trick Flow T/W 11R 205 CNC comp ported heads, 12:1 comp ratio, 232į-244į duration/.623" lift/114į LSA camshaft, TFS R-Series FTI comp ported intake, BBK 80mm T/B, Holley Dominator MPFI & DIS, Holley 36-1 crank trigger, MSD 1x cam sync, PA PMGR starter, PA 200A 3G alternator, Optima Red battery, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, R134a A/C, Spal dual 12" fans, Frostbite 3-core aluminum radiator, Pypes dual 2.5" exhaust, off-road X-pipe, shorty headers, Earl's -6AN fuel system plumbing, Walbro 255 LPH in-tank pump & Pro-M -6AN hanger, S&W subframe connectors, BMR upper & lower torque box reinforcements, LenTech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD, 3000 RPM C6 converter, B&M Hammer shifter, Stifflers transmission crossmember & driveshaft safety loop, FPP aluminum driveshaft, FPP 3.31 gears, Cobra Trac-Lok differential, Moser 31 spline axles, '04 Cobra 4-disc brakes, '93 Cobra booster & M/C, 5-lug Bullitt wheels & 245/45R17 M/T Street Comp tires.

Comment

Working...
            X