Announcement

Collapse

New Member Forum Registration Trouble

NOTICE: If any new members have trouble registering on the Holley Forum, please email me directly at: d c f 1 5 0 @ c o m c a s t . n e t, and I'll resolve the problem. Please complete a new forum registration again before emailing me, so I can locate your username/account. I'll also need your forum username & email associated with the account, so I can identify it and approve your forum registration immediately. Please allow 12 hours after registering your first forum account before emailing me (I need time to approve it). The forum software deals with an incredible amount of spam every day, and sometimes wrongly deems a legitimate username or email address as spam.
Thank you, Danny Cabral
Holley Forum Administrator
See more
See less

Accel #41100 Distributor Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accel #41100 Distributor Help

New to Holley forum. I had this distributor #41100 in my pile of stuff and can't find any info on it. It has mechanical advance and a non-magnetic metal reluctor that sweeps over a plastic coated post with two black wires. Does it need some kind of control box?
    Last edited by Shortyforty; 03-30-2022, 12:53 PM.

I'd give Holley Tech support a call. They may have more information on discontinued products. Andrew
    Instagram: @projectgattago
    Offering remote Holley EFI tuning.
    I deliver what EFI promises.
    Please get in touch if I can be of service.

Comment

You'll need an ignition module, but there are many ways to get around that (HEI, MSD box, etc). No vacuum advance, looks like an old dual-point. Probably uses an Accel dual-point cap and rotor (same as old MoPar). Below is a link to an eBay item that shows an original ignition box.

Hook a volt meter to the two wires and spin the distributor. If the meter responds, it's a reluctor trigger. If not, it's Hall-Effect, and uses a power feed on one wire, grounds through its body and outputs a square wave on the other wire. It looks a little like a shutter wheel (Hall-Effect) device, but my guess is that it's actually a reluctor style trigger (i.e. Dynamo).
      Accel 41100 distributor for big or small block Chevy with ignition module

Comment

Thanks all for the information. I did measure for voltage across the wires while spinning and there wasn't anything. Link to pictures on my FB page.
        https://www.facebook.com/19290819072...3611615089806/
        Last edited by Shortyforty; 03-30-2022, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Much clearer picture. I've never seen a trigger like that. It could be a Hall-Effect inside the white "post". Any sign of a ground wire from the white ring?

Comment

Thanks. I tried removing the white ring, but the plate it's mounted to is attached to the advance springs to the case. I didn't see any other wires and no Ohm readings from the wires to the case. I'm going to hook up my oscilloscope to the wires and see if there's any kind of low voltage pulse, maybe indicating a need for an amplifier module to trigger the coil. I measured about three Ohms across the two wires.

Comment

Sounds like you have enough knowledge to make it work. I'd like to hear what happens.

Comment

Well there were no pulse readings on the scope when rotating the shaft. My thoughts are there must be a missing box that goes with it. I'm thinking that it works like a non-ferrous metal detector when one of the vanes passes over that white post and the missing box is what turns the coil into the detector. Maybe someday I'll find out, not worth the trouble right now. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                X