Thread: GM TBI with HP EFI

Default GM TBI with HP EFI

I currently have a 1992 Camaro with the factory TBI injection. Would it be possible to use this setup with the 550-605 HP EFI ECU & Harness Kit?
    For the injectors, would I just use two of the injector outputs and leave the others unused, also would it matter which outputs I used? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by aroc View Post
    Would it be possible to use this setup with the 550-605 HP EFI ECU & Harness Kit?
    Yes, but you'll need to supply the injector connectors for your application. It's not specifically for a TBI application.

For the injectors, would I just use two of the injector outputs and leave the others unused, also would it matter which outputs I used?
    The "Fuel System" & "Fuel Injector Information" (in System Parameters) would be setup just like a Holley 550-200 Avenger EFI 2bbl TBI system.
    Look at the throttle body in that Avenger EFI kit. Are those the type of connectors your two fuel injectors have?
    May God's Grace Bless You

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, Lentech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, custom traction bars, 4" lift, 35" mud tires

My injectors have different connectors, I can supply the connectors for them. When hooking them up to the main harness does it matter which injector outputs they are wired up to and are the injector wires that go to the relay tied together before the plug on the injector harness? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aroc View Post
    When hooking them up to the main harness does it matter which injector outputs they are wired up to...
    Yes. After programming the Engine Parameters, enter the Pin Map and click "View Injectors".
    This indicates exactly which pins (B19 & B26) to connect to on the J1 harness connector.

...and are the injector wires that go to the relay tied together before the plug on the injector harness?
    The fuel injector power wires are spliced together between the system relay and the injector harness connector.
    http://www.holley.com/data/TechServi...10555rev11.pdf (Holley EFI Wiring Manual - Section 13, wiring diagrams)
    The system relay powers 12V to the fuel injectors and the fuel pump. The ECU pulses the injector ground signal.
    May God's Grace Bless You

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, Lentech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, custom traction bars, 4" lift, 35" mud tires