Thread: El Camino Verde

jessentom Guest

Default El Camino Verde

I saw the car on Power Tour, loved the swap. The fit, finish and function are excellent. I want to use the motor mount adapter plates for my 86 Monte Carlo swap. Where can I get a set of them?

jameub86 Guest

I am interested also! I have an '86 SS Monte as well with a 2002 TA ls1/4l60e ready to drop in it. Just waiting for the right mounts that suits the look I want.

JCoulter Guest

These were prototype G body mounts built specifically for the application. We are working on production materials. I'll report back once a production release date is established.

jameub86 Guest

Thanks for the follow up info. Jim.

jameub86 Guest

Can you shed some light on which oil pan was used and what mounts were used to mount the r4 a/c compressor?

jessentom Guest

Thumbs up

Thanks for the response guys and also for putting this mount into production. It really looks like a quality piece. The pic on the website is great. I am ready to pull the trigger and buy a set right now What I really like is that this uses the original clam shell mounts. Since I already have the poly inserts in mine and mounted on the frame I am all set for this.

Correct me if I am wrong but when I asked about the AC compressor mount the engineer told me that they had used one that they had found on the internet. I remeber seeing it before and did a search and I think I found it:
    http://www.youngsfbody.com/inc/sdetail/12165

This solves the compressor issue in a few ways. It takes it up and away from the frame and is compatible with the G body original system.

jameub86 Guest

I figured it was the youngsfbody mount. Sure would like to know what oil pan was used. I too am waiting for these mounts to put in my MCSS.

jessentom Guest

Default El Camino Verde Motor mount release date

Does anyone know when these adapter plates will be released for sale? I found the part number 12621HKR and instructions sheet online. The El Camino was featured today on PowerBlock TV. I found the retail dealers recommnded on the website. Auto Zone, Jeg's and Pace Performance all do not list the part even after a search by number and product line.

Any news? Help!

jessentom Guest

Default Holley conversion plates are for sale!

Jegs has the entire line in stock.

Hooker Headers 12621 - Hooker Headers LS Engine Swap Mount Plates, clamshell $113.00