Thread: Holley 80457 - 5

Post Holley 80457 - 5

Looking for some advice on how to resolve fuel issue with Holley 80457 - R. The car has an electric fuel pump and has been sitting for about a year. When I turn the ignition key on the carburetor shoots gas out of the primary bowl vent on top of the carburetor. I don't have much experience working on carbs and not sure what would cause the issue. Any help appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by frazedon View Post
    The car has an electric fuel pump and has been sitting for about a year. When I turn the ignition key on the carburetor shoots gas out of the primary bowl vent on top of the carburetor.
    Check for an inoperative (stuck) float or a malfunctioning (jammed debris) needle & seat assembly.
    May God's Grace Bless You

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, Lentech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, custom traction bars, 4" lift, 35" mud tires

I had the same problem with gas shooting out of the vents front and back after installing new Holley valve assemblies. I took the bowls off and set the floats dry, upside down with a pencil. That cleared up the front vent but not the back. After two more tries, I replaced the back valve with the old one and it worked fine. I don't know what was wrong with the new valve.