Thread: how to set the fast idle cam on electric choke

Default how to set the fast idle cam on electric choke

Hello,

I'm having quite a hard time to set my electric choke on my holley 750 Vacuum secondary , the voltage is correct but seems the fast idle cam is not doing the job , I set the choke cap right in the middle so how many turns is the factory set up for the fast idle screw? And is there a procedure as per how to set the fast idle cam??

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    And is there a procedure as per how to set the fast idle cam?
    The procedure is similar as to the factory service manual.
    It involves adjusting the fast idle screw to achieve a certain idle RPM (usually around 1600), while on the highest step of the fast idle cam.

http://www.holley.com/data/Products/...9934-3rev1.pdf (For a Holley carburetor, read the center of page 9.)

May God's Grace Bless You

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, Lentech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, custom traction bars, 4" lift, 35" mud tires

Thank you,

I got and followed already those pages but the thing is how to be sure the fast idle cam is set correctly?