Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sniper EFI N2O Wiring Confusion

Danny, someone on another site suggested I might be having the issues due to too much timing added between IDLE & CRUISE. I last had it set at:
    Idle 30°
    Cruise 52°
    WOT 44°

The more I think about it, the most driveability issues seem to show up just off idle, which the CRUISE TIMING mode also happens just off idle as well. Hopefully, the Sniper software allows a slower curve to be dialed in. Right now, with timing control enabled, I'm literally just above idle, when into the CRUISE timing parameter.

Ironically, it also acted up yesterday WITHOUT timing control, and everything back to mechanical timing, as it was for the last 3 years. The only difference? I used the adjustable rotor, and phased it in...car bucked, popped, kept wanting to stall, etc. Swapped the stock MSD rotor back on. Instantly ran great again?

Quote Originally Posted by rel3rd View Post
    Danny, someone on another site suggested I might be having the issues due to too much timing added between IDLE & CRUISE.
    Your symptoms still seem like an RPM signal loss problem, not a timing tuning issue.
    Does the Data Monitor (display) lose the RPM value when it stalls or almost stalls?

Hopefully, the Sniper software allows a slower curve to be dialed in.
    Yes, it has a Base Timing Table, not just three timing parameters (Idle, Cruise & WOT).

Ironically, it also acted up yesterday WITHOUT timing control, and everything back to mechanical timing, as it was for the last 3 years. The only difference? I used the adjustable rotor, and phased it in...car bucked, popped, kept wanting to stall, etc. Swapped the stock MSD rotor back on. Instantly ran great again?
    If it were my engine, it wouldn't have that MSD distributor.

May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, Lentech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, custom traction bars, 4" lift, 35" mud tires

I haven't noticed a loss of RPM value, to be quite honest. Not saying it doesn't, but just haven't seen it. I do know that the AFR & IAC boxes go RED, AFR pegged lean, for a couple seconds. Then comes the air rush and IAC reading in triple digits, WBO2 sensor reading "HEATING", and Idle going up to 1200 or so, like on a restart.

I found the Holley Dual Sync Distributor locally, but he could not locate a source for the adapter it says I "need" in order to be able to use that distributor (p/n 558-493). I didn't even see it on Holley website?

...but he could not locate a source for the adapter it says I "need" in order to be able to use that distributor (p/n 558-493). I didn't even see it on Holley website?
    You'll have to contact Holley Tech Service (LINK) as to its availability.
    EDIT: http://www.holleyinjection.com/harne...ibutor-558-493 (HolleyInjection.com)

May God's grace bless you in the Lord Jesus Christ.

'78 BRONCO: 508" stroker, TFS heads, Dominator MPFI & DIS, cold air induction, dual 3" exhaust/Magnaflow mufflers, 100HP progressive dry direct-port NOS, A/C, Lentech Strip Terminator wide-ratio AOD, 3:1 Atlas II, modified Dana 44/60-lockers-4.10s, hydroboost/4-disc brakes, ram-assist/heim joint steering, Cage long radius arms, custom traction bars, 4" lift, 35" mud tires

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    EDIT: http://www.holleyinjection.com/harne...ibutor-558-493 (HolleyInjection.com)
    I went ahead & ordered a Holley Dual Sync Distributor and the adapter from them yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Cabral View Post
    I went ahead & ordered a Holley Dual Sync Distributor and the adapter from them yesterday.
    Just an FYI for anyone wanting to go this route. This part is not listed on Holley's website, nor is it available at the link you posted. Although shown as in stock, it is not available, and has no expected date of availability, also not listed at Summit or Jegs.